1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Parvo

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by pitbull4.6, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

yeah this is old news some dogs dont react with some vacs, others drop dead, but is it worth not vacing a dog overit? not in my opinion. are your dogs vaccined right now?

2. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

Also besides hydration (which is only part of the problem) do you do for nutrients, and the repairing of the stomach lining and intestinal lining along with the liver?

3. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

the only dog that was vacc was the 13mth female (which died), 9 other dogs were not vacc and they pulled through.

4. simms

simms CH Dog

It is standard procedure with fluid therapy to record input output. An I admin fluids through an IV cath, not soley through subq. That way I can admin the propper amount of injectable drugs at cri.

5. simms

simms CH Dog

Amforal???

6. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

7. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

I just belive that an all natural diet and preventive treatment is all you need to guard against all viruses. keep the immune sytem maxed and the dog will be healthy.

8. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

one sec i will go get the bill out of the records binder, i keep all that shit...;)

9. simms

simms CH Dog

What implications do autoimmune diseases have for the breeder?

Heres a little food for thought. If this is where I think you are going with the vaccines.

The most obvious is that affected dogs may be very ill or even die, a devastating loss when your champion bitch or premier stud is affected. Secondly, most autoimmune diseases are treated with very high doses of corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive drugs to lower the immune response, much like a kidney transplant patient takes anti-rejection drugs. Steroids suppress a bitch's heat cycle, sometimes rendering her incapable of breeding. If she should become pregnant, the daily medications she takes will cause birth defects in the puppies, including cleft palates and malformed limbs, and produce premature labor or spontaneous abortions. Because of the strong suspicions for genetic transmission of these diseases and potential risks to the bitch and the litter, affected dogs should not be bred. What about breeding close relatives--littermates, sire, dam, half-siblings-- of affected dogs? Should a breeding that has produced one or more affected dogs be repeated? It takes a series of test breedings to confirm or deny the heritability of any disease suspected to have a genetic component. To my knowledge, no official guidelines have been developed on which to base that decision, so what follows is my personal opinion. First, I would recommend _against_ breeding any dog or bitch with a _diagnosed_ case of autoimmune disease. Secondly, if two or more puppies from one litter were diagnosed with any immune disease, I would not recommend repeating that particular breeding or linebreeding related dogs. I would also avoid breeding two dogs if _both_ had close relatives with autoimmune disease. Unfortunately, due to the insidious nature of autoimmune diseases, progeny from your kennel may not be diagnosed until after you have retired the suspect dogs from your breeding program. Until more concrete evidence has been established, veterinarians will rely on conscientious breeders to use their best judgement in researching pedigrees and breeding the best Akitas possible.

http://www.canismajor.com/dog/autoimmn.html#Implications

10. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

my dogs were tit fed from a healthy bitch that was fed raw, and my dogs eat raw, so what more could you really do, other than get shots, you had a dog die from shots once im guessing?:confused:

11. simms

simms CH Dog

as you should.

12. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

cute pups.....

13. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

autoimmune disease, this like dermatitic and tumors, things dogs get hereditarly?(sp)

ahhh its a disese in its self...

14. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

is it similar to parvo or they just drop or fall ill quickly?

15. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Re-Bound was on the bill and
    20th of november deer season is whenn that shit happened last year almost to the month now crazy..
    2009/11/26

16. simms

simms CH Dog

There are ppl in the world that beleive that autoimmune disease is not the sole cause from a vaccince reaction but rather a underlying genetic issue in some cases.

17. simms

simms CH Dog

They fall ill quickly sometimes it causes severe paralysis and death.

18. simms

simms CH Dog

rebound is good stuff.

19. simms

simms CH Dog

rebound is good stuff.

20. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

thanks couple months later theyy looked great again, like you said they go down to skin and bones, the pup pics were a wee after they got sick and were getting a bit better, they only looked like they had weight from the iv, for a straight week,

now i think this is 2 and a half months after maybe 2 mos.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

two in the cage^^

Buckshot
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010