1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

paw licking

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by paps, Jul 13, 2004.

1. paps

paps Pup

my female licks and chews at her paws sometimes till the swell up or bleed. i checked to see if there was anything there that shouldnt be found nothing does anybody no what it could be.

2. CRG

CRG Top Dog

could be just a bad habit. try some kind of spray like bitter apple that leaves a bad taste in her mouth.

3. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Please don't spray bitter apple there. Thats like spraying someone hands so they can't rub their nose because of an allergy. lol No offense. What your dog is doing is silently letting you know that it has an allergy. Any time a dog licks at their feet like that until they swell then they have a skin allergy. You need to take your dog to a vet to see what they are actually allergic to. I have a dog that does that and we have her on a monthly shot to relieve that allergy. Its nothing major, but if i were you I would take it to the vet and just let them know what you feed them and what type of quarters they live in. There are a lot of wierd things you'll find that your dog could be allergic to. One of my dogs can't eat rawhides. It burns her nose and causes allergies. lol

4. alos, how old is your dog, your dog might have arthritis. a vet ck is a good idea good luck - keep us up to date.