1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pheotype within litter

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by PlugUgly, Jan 12, 2010.

1. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

Went to pick up a pup out of this breeding...
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=341718
    ended up getting two. Total different builds on these girls. The entire litter looks like the large pup, the runt I got has a different build and temperment. Its possible the dam got tied by another male or she's just built different. Either way I like them both and we'll see.

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I like the dogs behind that litter. Did the owners say she might've gotten double sired?

3. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

Not saying that is what happened but its not impossible. The runt was quite a bit smaller that her littermates and a total different build. Could easily just be variables within littermates.

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

yea could just be that they got different genes. Litter mates don't really share that many genes and can be very different from each other. Especially when dealing with the runt

Again, really like that ped. Should make for some really good dogs

5. AGame

AGame CH Dog

agreed nice ped

6. Super Sport

Super Sport Big Dog

Nice ped and you never know she could be a throwback to something in her gene pool.

7. Jrouble

Jrouble Big Dog

Not uncommon to see throw backs, especially in tight lines, and that bottom side is tighter than a dolphins asshole.

8. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

I'll take your word for it.

9. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

It is not uncommon for two littermates to have different phenotypes. I have one from my litter as well, my pup is very tall and very long. The rest of the litter is short and stocky like the sire's side. As long as both pups turn out to be good dogs, then I wouldn't worry about it to much. Also, the runt might be alittle under developed from the rest of the litter and may catch up in a few months and look just like the rest of the litter. JMO. Good luck

10. Patchwork

Patchwork Big Dog

I didn't read all of the responses but I bred my male to a certain female..He is 54 lbs, she is 38 lbs. The pups all look different...some are more her size, others are more his size...A dog can get anything from about 16 generations.

11. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

Both the sire and dam of this breeding have simmilar builds, along with the pups. The runt I picked up is taller, shorter in the back, and has a different head structure. Also, she is more laid back, has a longer fuse but when pushed is something else. I don't believe the pups were sired by different males, the breeder has a solid set up. I was just saying it was a possibility. Like was said b4, just a throwback or diversity within the litter. I'll work on getting some pics up.

12. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

These sisters both turned out to be some nice representives of the breed. Here are a couple photos of how they matured

Lexy is the one that looked more like the rest of the litter. It may be blasphemus but she was used to cross into a good family of American Bulldogs

[​IMG]

Cracky was the runt but grew into a nice one. She was also bred with an AB but then sent down south and was recently bred with Blackrock's Nazi

[​IMG]

13. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Its a complete outcross, there will be a ton of genetic diversity. I would expect the offspring to look and act a lot differently from each other more and more as time passes

14. bootsbjj

bootsbjj Banned

Just curious what your plans are for the AB crosses.....?

15. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

it hard to tell a lot when you aint breeding and keeping them. but things like this do happen forme time to time. not all siblings get the same combo of genes and thats the reason of the turn out sometimes. dont trip much about it.

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

the runts typically are built different- thats why theyre the runt. sometimes they catch up, somtimes they dont....

17. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

Thank you and I'm not concerned, I do believe they are full sisters and its just diversity within the litter. For me one of the most interesting aspects of working dogs is how genes line up and express themselves.
    As far as the American Bulldogs, they are my breed of choice. When you get a good one they are real good all around dogs. Getting a good one is the issue tho, you gotta be willing to test and wash out dogs. I have found a familiy of ABs that I really like from Bullheads in central PA. I added the APBT to up the percentages, bring down the size, and add some natural wind. Bullhead's dogs tend to run real big, around 110lbs for males, which is what he likes. Really surprising is that he does still get some big dogs with good wind. At this point I'm planning on running about 25% APBT in my dogs so I prob cant call them ABs but thats about the least of my concerns. Here is the breeding I did this past summer. The breedings that are listed on dogs that are young or not born are obviously not set but I put them on the database to see how they line up, and that is my ruff plan as of now.
    PlugUgly PupPup

18. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

Both sire and dam of my last litter caught the 1st boar they saw right on the ear.
    could someone let me know of a transport that is reasonable and reliable? I know there is prob a list in the history but these cos go out of business and things happen often. I need to get a pup out of
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [410662] :: BLACKROCKS MINICRACKY
    from TX to N.Y. Thx

19. bootsbjj

bootsbjj Banned

Right on, sound like good working dogs. The pitisland site has some shippers listed, I think?

20. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

Good luck!! with that transport! I got a couple from TX one from OK to ID and it was by way of luck~ I happened to Forrest Gump my way into covering the gas for a girl who was already going to the TX show and she was from Canada and was coming right through the city I live near. ... I've worked for a year trying to have another OK dog brought to me with no avail... There just isnt that many people you can trust who dont think that fucking each other over and calling it good business is a fair deal. 400 bucks I paid to transport 3 dogs that covered her gas tolls and food.. 2yrs ago. Look for someone like that... Good luck I got two more in OK I need to have brough to ID..