1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pickled eggs and Cherry bombs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NYSTATEOFMIND, Nov 29, 2015.

1. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

All this talk about moon shine recipes got me thinking,,,
    I make a small batch of pickled Eggs every year around the holidays
    and also "Cherry Bombs.' Anyone else does this? and please share recipe unless it's a family Secret of course. For the Eggs I use White vinegar, canned sliced beets and sliced white onions. Let it sit in a over-sized mason jar 1 month minimum.
    For the Bombs i simply pour everclear into a jar of Manrichino cherries and ferment 2 weeks

2. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

I like pickled eggs too. Something else to try with Everclear is lemoncello. You remove the zest from lemons then soak the zest in everclear for a week or two, then strain. Then add simple syrup to the (now deep yellow) everclear. Store in the fridge or freezer. It tastes great but take it easy as it is so good, you will forget how potent it is.

3. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

4. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

Thanks for the recipe. I'm gonna make a batch for Christmas eve. I had a friend give me a few cans of commercial Lemoncello from Italy last year and mixed it with Vodka in the summer
    while at a pool party..but it gave me a belly ache. It tasted good and refreshing though

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

If u ever get a chance to ,try pickled Quail eggs.They are much better than chicken eggs.Quail prob not native to your area but they are a good tasting bird and the pickled Quail eggs is off the chain .

6. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

I've eaten duck eggs, they are super rich. My mother has a store by her that sells all kinds of exotic shit. I'm
    gonna see if they have Quail eggs. I've never heard of it. Thanx

7. BOTP Kennels

BOTP Kennels Big Dog

We have the northern bobwhite quail that's native to ny...but there actually in season now

8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Interesting..My friend actually has a quail farm so I get birds and eggs .I also hunt them and I love a good quail dog.My buddy gets some big orders to stock quail for hunting clubs .I don't have quail dogs so i have to rely on friends and it makes my day when I see thier name pop up calling me on the phone lol.I'm hell yea lets go get some birds.

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Pitman we also Dove hunt down here .We have 2 different types , the big Dove and a smaller game bird Dove.That's a blast and will test your skills to hit a fast moving target some fly high and some lower.We hunt them in a baited field but the field has to be disked before the hunt.Lots of fun.Little seasoning and wrap em in bacon and throw em on the grill.

10. BOTP Kennels

BOTP Kennels Big Dog

That's good shit...I'm sure u have to on ya a game when hunting dove.. even though mourning dove is a common bird here in ny it's illegal to hunt them...crazy! How does hunting a baited field work? Funny u said wrap them in bacon on the grill, earlier this year my neighbor called me over to try some and I was a Lil weary of it..I left with a plate full after 1 lol

11. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Imagine duck hunting , ducks fly down into the water.Same concept with dove hunting except its a field and not water.Baited field has to be disk under like 10 days before the hunt if I remembef correctly.Which disk under , basically means just tilled up.Most use millet to bait a field.

12. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

I have 2 bird feeders here and 4-5 doves come ever day! I keep tellin' my daughters that if
    we lived in a different state we could shoot them
    and eat them!! WHY Daddy WHY? is all they say. I'm hungry for squab that's why.