1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of some mutts.

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by AGK, Aug 17, 2015.

1. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Red Cemtre, you notice the lack of agression in these geechie dogs??? Dont confuse it with lack of quality, as they represent a better balance few look for...

2. Red Cemtre

Red Cemtre Big Dog

Watch the video of the bitch jumping around? Notice he had a barrier to block her line of sight to the other dogs? Notice how they're all on a chain to stop them from getting to each other? I don't see a lack of aggression. I'm not saying they should be wanting to tear a hole in everything with fur, but I also don't expect em to be docile and super friendly with everything. Bloody oath you're touchy EP. We have learnt something different through different experiences with these dogs and don't agree, whatever. Not gonna hijack AGK's thread with BS. Again, great looking dogs AGK

3. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

not jacking a fine thread but I just admire AGKs dogs and Geechieson is a perfect example of how a great stud dog can act, but it takes a certian type of person to allow for them to act this way also...
    Sorry, I didnt mean to offend you redcemtre but the geechie dogs look to be very well balanced...

4. Red Cemtre

Red Cemtre Big Dog

Nah all good mate, just a bit of a misunderstanding I think. My bad. And I agree with you on the dogs

5. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Thanks, appreciate the kind words.

6. AGK

Truth be told, they are all extremely animal aggressive, every one of them. What everyone sees when I post pics of multiple dogs actually together there is 2 common things going on.

1. It involves my M.I.A. bitch or
    2. It's a puppy.

M.I.A. is a very good motherly type bitch. She raises every pup that has come thru here whether it's off her or not. She is my house dog, always has been since she was a pup herself. The other dog typically seen with her is her daughter Lil Miss Geach whom only tolerates her mother because her mother is submissive with her, but M.I.A will not tolerate other dogs that will challenge her. If it's not Lil Miss Geach, or a puppy, that bitch is very violent in demeanor. Even pups that grow up and eventually try to dominate her has always ended poorly for the aggressor every time which is why sometime around a year old they end up in their chain spot outside. Once I even think an incident is possible to occur, the youngin is put on a chain as I had time to house break it, bond with it as well is it bond with my immediate family. After that, little to no contact with M.I.A. ever again. Lil Miss Geach barely tolerates her own pups after 4 weeks old and by a year old forget it. She will hit anything that moves with fur, feathers or scales, she don't descrimiate, male or female whether shes in heat or not. The only dog she tolerates, is her mother. I've done this situation over and over again for almost 20 years now and M.I.A and Geach are the only dogs I have ever been able to successfully get to live together never having an incident. If geach ever got aggressive with M.I.A then it would be over, M.I.A. would go all out, still get mopped by Geach but she will not tolerate being hit by another dog or its on like donkey kong. It's just never happened between them 2. It has though with countless others.

Pumpkin, the dog in the video is a pup herself still, just turning a year old this week I believe. Now she is just coming into herself. She's still ok with M.I.A and her mother Lil miss Geach, but she's getting more and more cocky when I let her out with her dam and grand dam. M.I.A still treats her like she's her pup and Geach straight bullies pumpkin. Geach Being the much bigger dog and pumpkin still not really fully cranked up yet is submissive but keeps coming for it as if she wants to prove herself but still is unsure of herself. Pumpkin acts real funny around other dogs though and is starting to crank up when she sees thm so she's very close to never being around the others again. I'd rather avoid the accident before it happends then fix things when the dust clears. Hard lessons learned over 2 decades of doing it. Prevention is more my focal point these days.

The others here, forget it, they all hate each other.

Sorry for the rant, I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea, and thinking these dogs be running around with each other here. Lol I mean, they do until a certian age or situation comes up then it's not done anymore. Hate for someone to be like while I'll do it cuz he does it and find out the hard way it's really not that simple and I really don't even try it anymore as more times than not, it ain't going to work.

7. Red Cemtre

Red Cemtre Big Dog

Yeah my last apbt hated every other dog with a vengeance unless it was hunting time. Put his chest plate on and you could have him on the back of the truck with 4 or 5 other dogs he'd never met and they could just about chew his ears off and he'd ignore them. Soon as the hunting was over if they even looked at him funny it was on. He was always on a chain spot at home to stop dramas. A responsible owner recognizes the possibilities and risks and does their best to keep everyone safe. Full credit to ya.

8. AGK

Thanks, he's a good dog but he dont tolerate any other dogs either unless it's a bitch and she's bleeding lol. His temperment is top notch though. Big baby with my kids and myself but I'd never let him around another animal. What people don't see in my pictures is the insane amount of time I spend with these dogs, all of them individually every day. I don't believe in letting a dog just rot on a chain. I don't hang out with anyone except my female and my kids and the only time I'm not home is when I work. The rest of my life has been spending time working with my dogs. I have no life outside of my home other than professionally. Been like that since 96 and I don't mind it myself but it has ruined many relationships, friendships and has really taken a lot of my life I can't get back, away from me. I would do it all over again though without thinking twice. I can't expect 110% from my dogs while giving them 30% of me. I'm an all or nothing kind of person. I agree, it does take a certian kind of person. I try not to generalize when it comes to these dogs. What one dog will tolerate another isn't having it. Learning and knowing the signs as things progress is really key to avoid accidents if anyone is actually thinking of trying to keep multiple dogs together. I really don't recommend it at all.

9. AGK

Thanks.... Im no one special but I really do try the best I can with what I got. I have had a lot of help over the years by some really great fanciers of the breed. Im a firm believer in being responsible with these dogs. Accidents do happen but most of them are very much avoidable with a little effort. I never want to have to read about one of mine getting loose and being front page news so I go the distance with containment and care.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  10. c_note

c_note CH Dog

How much Charlie weigh, bout 60ish??

11. AGK

47lbs......

Geachison is my biggest dog here at 51.

12. c_note

c_note CH Dog

DAMN!!! I would have bet he was bigger than Geach by the pics!!! I didn't see anything to "measure" him with in the pic. He looks huge or you were close up on him! That damn Geach and Pumpkin tho?? Looks like you cloned him and changed the sex! Does she act like him and his relatives or her dam's side? Was she your pick or she grew on you? I ask because I would have kept her on looks alone! I like a female that looks like dad and vice versa. I'm a lil odd about certain things. Looks and styles are 2 of em. If a dog works how I want I'll keep it over the dog that looks like I want but doesn't work how I want. If it looks AND works like I want, I did somethin right! Looks like you doin somethin right! Yours look like family!!

13. AGK

Most pictures I take are with my cell phone so I get pretty close and then once I've taken a picture I usually will crop it resulting in the rest of the image to enlarge a bit. Makes things look closer or bigger than they really are most times. Charlie is built much different than Geachison is. Charlie is very long and tall, kind of gangly. Geach is thicker but not as tall or long as charlie is. Their pretty close to each others size but Charlies structure makes him look bigger than he really is. Pumpkin is definitely her daddies daughter. She acts just like him. Then again, all dogs here are relatives except Charlie. Their demeanor or personalities are all very similar to each other. Pumpkins Sire and Dam are 1/2 bro and sis having the same sires. Lil mis geach, geachison, pumpkin, Bella and M.I.A all act very similar, happy go lucky type personalities and same mannerisms. I have always usually made my pick of a litter based on what dog in the family Im attempting to replicate. Like the litter picture I posted from bella, I kept the only black one because Geachiman himself was a black dog and the rest are Geachisons color but Geachiman is the dog who's phenotype I am looking for. Having Uncle sam in the pedigree has turned my dogs from a predominantly black family of dogs to the seal color most people see in my dogs. I'd like to get rid of the seal coloring and back to a straight Black color. Pretty much why I never have bred to that side of the pedigree. I have nothing against the seal coloring just feel getting them back to black is closer to the gene poole I'm looking to be. Puppy picking is always a crap shoot and phenotype is really the only thing I go by with a puppy since I never really know how they will act as adults until they are one.

14. c_note

c_note CH Dog

I feel that. You been breedin that same family for 20?

15. AGK

No I got into this particular strain of dogs around 2002. My ex kennel partner got a son of Emmitt sent up here that did good and I liked where it came from as well as the guy it came from and pretty much just got dogs from him ever since. I've had some other different lines to but I liked the how solid the temperments were on the dogs we were getting and continued dealing with the guy long after me and my partner split up around 2006. Pretty much just stuck with what was working for me and focused on the geachiman dogs ever since. I liked that they were a very private kept line, not the flavor of the month club.
    It was always more, the guy they came from originally was just a great guy that I liked and since he never sent one here that didn't pass my expectations made me just run with what I have after he eventually got out the dogs a few years ago.

16. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Word! I'm bout in the same boat for about half the time total. I'm just gettin into Eli hounds in the last 3yrs, but I like what I got and have seen of others! Ain't nothin like a solid, quiet kept family. Keep doggin Brother!!

17. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

Very nice hounds !

18. brindle

brindle Big Dog

Beautiful dogs and you have a nice family too. Excellent explanation about keeping bulldogs too, you do a fine job with them.

19. AGK

Thanks guys!

20. AGK

Took a few more pictures today. Wont be long before its a frozen wasteland around here for the next 6 months. I was out finishing up my winterizing and raking while the dogs had themselves a lazy Sunday. While I was raking I stopped and noticed everyone doing the same thing. Sitting down and watching me like yeah, pick up my shit bitch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new guy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My daughter playing with the litter, thats the next Carolina kitten right there wait and see lol.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016