1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pit Bull Books

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by PitDawg, Dec 1, 2005.

1. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

I am looking to get another Pit Bull book from a credit I have at Barnes & Noble. I have listed the ones they can get. Have any of you read them, and please rate them, including reasons the book is good, amount of pictures, stories, etc, or any other good info you can give me about each book.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=Title vAlign=top align=right> </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[​IMG]</TD><TD width=7>[​IMG]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="100%">The Ultimate American Pit Bull Terrier
    Jacqueline L. Fraser / Hardcover / Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated / October 1995

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=y26RjkdCLZ&endeca=1&isbn=0876052480&itm=13

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=Title vAlign=top align=right></TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[​IMG]</TD><TD width=7>[​IMG]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="100%">American Pit Bull Terriers: Fact or Fiction: The Truth Behind One of America's Most Popular Breeds
    Dawn M. Capp / Paperback / Doral Publishing, Inc. / October 2004

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=y26RjkdCLZ&endeca=1&isbn=0974540714&itm=1

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=Title vAlign=top align=right> </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[​IMG]</TD><TD width=7>[​IMG]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="100%">American Pit Bull Terrier (Kennel Club Dog Breed Series)
    F. Favorito / Hardcover / Kennel Club Books, Inc. / September 2003

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=y26RjkdCLZ&endeca=1&isbn=1593782020&itm=9

If none of these are worth buying, I will probably just get this one, since I have read the whole thing and it's a great book:​
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=Title vAlign=top align=right> </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[​IMG]</TD><TD width=7>[​IMG]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="100%">Book of the American Pit Bull Terrier
    Richard F. Stratton / Hardcover / TFH Publications, Inc. / August 1992
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

Also, I have looked thru this book, and didn't really like it, because it seemed like every pic of a pit had something bad in it too, like gangbangers, beer, (not saying beer is bad, but it makes it look like only alcoholics like Pit Bulls) run-down homes and trailers, dirty conditions, and overall bad aura in the pics. What did you think of it?
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=Title vAlign=top align=right> </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[​IMG]</TD><TD width=7>[​IMG]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="100%">American Pitbull
    Marc Joseph / Hardcover / Steidl, Gerhard Druckerei und Verlag / October 2003

2. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

Here are two more books I found. Let me know if you've read them.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=Title vAlign=top align=right> </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[​IMG]</TD><TD width=7>[​IMG]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="100%">Bully: The Pits
    Paul 107 / Paperback / E C W Press / October 2004
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=y26RjkdCLZ&endeca=1&isbn=1550226630&itm=3

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=Title vAlign=top align=right></TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[​IMG]</TD><TD width=7>[​IMG]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="100%">The Pit Bull Dilemma: The Gathering Storm
    Donald H. Clifford (Compiler) / Hardcover / Charles Press Publishers PA / December 1990
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=y26RjkdCLZ&endeca=1&isbn=091478336X&itm=5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

3. i say go with what you already know u like... i own the first and the third ones u've posted... the first one (to me) is informative but with little black and white pics with about 1 pic to every 4 pages.... the third one is very colorful and i like it the best as well... im not sure about these books but i know its happened with other more recently published books but be aware that some to talk about the more "standard" pit bull by mentioning lines like razors edge... few of these books really focus on gamelines alot... personally i like them but thats just me

4. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

Okay, I found out the very last book I posted isn't worth the paper is was printed on, it's very one sided,a nd has mostly articles of dog bites, etc in it.

5. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

Bully: The Pits is said to have a lot of good pics and art, but I'm afraid it has a lot of big dog stuff in it.

6. C.L.

C.L. Pup

I like Strattons books.

7. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

I like the Stratton book the best.

8. PorsA

PorsA Big Dog

R. Stratton books are nice to read.

9. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

You are better off with the Stratton book. Maybe it can teach you some things.......

10. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

Why look at them useless books that provide nothing of use to you or your dogs. If you're wanting a book get - The Merck Veterinary Manual 9th edition!

11. rpk

rpk Big Dog

I recommend you get the complete game dog book by ed and chris faron from wildside kennels. I also recommend books by richard f. stratton and by Dr. Carl Semensic. Just my 2 cents.

12. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Good tip---I think I will---already have the people version. :)

13. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

Got it - love it - use it LOTS.