1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pit Bull Owners Defend Breed After Dog Fighting Bust

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Alma, Apr 14, 2010.

1. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

Yardboy states, "No dude, irresponsible because you take your dog out in places and allow it to get in quarrels. A responsible owner is blind to the facts. If a pit bull type dog gets into a quarrel of any kind it's his fault regaurdless of what really happened. And that is more ammo for BSL. Responsible owners keep their dogs out of these situations."

Having related earlier that my dog was in public means that a response to this ridiculous characterization of how a Pit Bull acts in public requires a necessary rebuttal to your contention.

Being a law-abiding citizen meant that when out in public the dog should be leashed. Having lots of dog lovers around with different canine breeds means that the dogs usually got to hang out together in secure parks or knew each other from walking around the neighbourhood. The dogs knew each other and were more interested in the running around and the tumbling of play.

As I stated in an earlier post my dog was attacked by dogs that were off the leash. He was on his leash and I was in control of how things went. I didn't/wouldn't let him trounce the aggressive beasts. Be they German Shepherds, Huskies, Rottweillers or what have you. He was yanked out of the way.

As gamers know there are two, amongst others, traits to the breed which are specifically agility and speed. Several incidents of not knowing whether the approaching, unleashed, strange dog was friend or foe meant that the necessary greeting rituals that dogs go through when meeting each other applied. When a growl occurred from the other dog, insinuating foe, it quickly changed its mind when it found that its lip or flue were between my dog's teeth. Screaming with little yanking was all he needed to prompt him to let go. You couldn't yank too hard because you didn't want the other animal to be shredded for a costly visit to the vet (it passes through your mind to teach the a--hole, irresponsible owner a lesson but). As he was being pulled away he sensed that the other dog would like to leave without further ado then he would let go and they would flee back to their owners. Having enough witnesses who could and would attest to the incident meant that my dog was not blamed for the problem. He was a well-liked dog in his neighbourhood. He had a responsible person at the other end of the leash.

The last part of your fatuous assertion "People like you who don't understand this and don't want to except the nature of these dogs shouldn't own them so that responsible owners won't have to worry about them being taken away." needs clarification. There are two ways that this statement can be taken.

In the first case, if you are meaning that we should 'except' this behaviour for your stance on animal abuse then the answer is no or, in the second case, you meant to write that we should "accept" that this is the dog's innate behaviour then this also gets a no. Making dogs fight is not what responsible owners do. Irresponsible animal abusers do.

The reason that there are negative answers to both conditions is very simple. Watching Pit Bulls walking, cavorting and playing around with each other is a sight to behold. It's like watching football being played on four legs. It is heartening to see and really pisses off the BSL idiots because they know, according to your take on things, that these animals should be tearing each other apart in the mindless viciousness that you train your dogs to live with as being their lives. They aren't living their lives. They are living your lives.

Tigerlines... when the racoons saw him coming they all went for the fences, trees and anywhere else that they could be to be out of his sight and reach. You may be on Gamedog.com but if you were you wouldn't be here at Game...dash...dog.com. Thanks for returning the laugh. You deserve a prize for it.

The epiphany that you should have had, between the tears of laughter (derision), was the fact that the dog figured out, all by his lonesome,:dogkiss: that he didn't want continue to chase that thing with the white on its back. It is a sign of intelligence which you don't want to attribute to the animal because it would cause you to have to rethink your take on things. Thanks for returning the laugh.

2. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

six pages of the same person making the same points over and over simply worded differently.
    the one point you seem to allways miss which is the most important , is that our dogs dont get into fights, well if any nearly not even remotely close to your "average incidents per year" you made some form of statistic for before.
    actually my current house dog has only ever had three incidents in her entire life, ten years and every one of those was in someone elses yard who were all friends, and she never started it but she certainly began to finish it.
    guess what ken? shes trained! "wow" shes also got her canine good citizen and has had it since she was two years old six months after i got her.

because we do our very best to stop our dogs from being involved, we support dog fighting? pretty much what you said in your last post.

we are apparently so proud of the violent side of the breed ? yet your the one who has described your dog attacking or being attacked in depth? "its lips were caught in between his teeth" i would quote it proply but i wouldnt want to read that again.
    sounds like your the proud one to teach all those off leashers a lesson.

i do believe you when you say how great it is a sight to see two Apbts, playing with each other, ive seen it a million times. never said it was immpossible.
    i do beleive you when you say its also a sight to behold when the pro BSL crowd gets to see the same thing and be so suprised they are not tearing each other too shreds.
    what a site to behold.

almost in the same league when one of those pro bsl crowd is there when the two dogs decide its not play anymore and switch it to the real deal and still have the same opinion theyve had all along.

But your dog is a very pretty Staff ken. credit where credits due.

3. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

Thanks junkyard. Not only was he pretty, he was smart.

I hear you when you say that the aggressive nature comes to the fore when they are tired of playing for fun. When they get to that point they are not fun. One of them has crossed the line. It's like two dudes dukin' it out over some... ?

After arriving out west in Vancouver we had to live with some woman who admired Zeus but she had a pit of her own. It was a malicious animal that stalked other animals. No in yer face adversarial thing... sneak up behind you and attack. Zeus, quickly, was able to ascertain this fact but he was always trying to be friends. The other dog was a bully. No if ands or buts about it. It was where we were and he did his best to forgive, forget and try and befriend.

Eventually we were able to part ways and Zeus knew that we were free of this stricture that dictated that he should allow the other dog to be the Alpha. The other dog knew that it wasn't the Alpha but was a good poser except when push came to shove... a female in heat... it quickly fled the aggression to a neighbour's apartment until things cooled down.

A couple of months later we met the woman and her pit. I remember the pit striding up to Zeus with his attitude.

Zeus non-chalantly put his leg around the other dog's neck, pulled him close to his mouth and growled into his ear.

I could almost hear him saying to the other dog that he was no longer beholding to him for a place to live because he had a place of his own and that if he wanted to be a smart ass about his attitude then the time is here to set things straight.

You could see the other dog gulp.

Zeus let him go and he fled the scene. Incidentally, Zeus was on his leash and the other dog wasn't... bad dog... bad owner.

There were several months of this idiot dog pestering Zeus but Zeus would always have that smile that said to me that he was trying to be friends.

Pits are intelligent animals.:dogkiss:

4. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Some bullshit going on on this thread. Fuckin bully petbull lovin bullshit. My brother got an overgrown catch weight petbull that has never seen anything but love and companionship and even that sob will jump at the chance. He's dieing to get turned loose everytime he sees another dog that is of any size at all. LMAO @ "trained" to fight. Nobody trained him to do anything. He wants to just because.

5. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Some retarded bullshit at that... Ken why do you think everybody who's into the dogs tries to push contain and manage so much? Yeah there are watered down dogs, but WE are talking about the true to type dogs.