1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

pit tattoos

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bigsho, Nov 12, 2004.

1. These are just some of what my hubby has done lately.Just thought I would post them.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2005
  2. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

Line work looks nice. I tried to post some new ones I just did, but the file was too big. They'll be on my site soon.
    www.franticcolors.org

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2005
  3. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

heres a couple.Im getting one on my chest soon.

4. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

my bad they didnt come through

5. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

Chainsoff Those Tats Look Good I Must Say! I Like Them.

6. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

I just got one on my lower back... It's supposed to be my first dog, Dixie, but it almost looks like a damn cartoon dog. I'm pretty upset with it. The tribal and flowers (yes flowers, I'm a girl lol) look great... it's just the dog. Bad shading or something. I'll post a pic sometime soon.

7. The tattoo that All about Pits posted is what I'm talking about. No offense to the artist or anything. Its the subject matter. That cartoon outline is so played out. I have seen about 100 kennel websites that have that logo on their site along with the pit bull syndicate logo. Neither one look very good plus they're really easy to tattoo. I just don't see why a person would want something tattooed that is not theirs. Atleast draw your own design or make it significantly different. Thats just cheesy to me. I guess some people just don't care. Prime Example: A friend of mine has two nice APBT's and has been talking about getting them tattooed for a while; since he saw all of ours. For whatever reason, he didn't want to wait a week for an appointment(hint, hint....most bad ass tattoo artist are usually booked up and don't do walk ins or 20 min. tats) so he went to this shit hole right down the street and got the worst pit bull tattoo I've ever seen. On top of that the dude charged him $250 for it. It looks like a cartoon a 1st grader drew of Scooby Doo's retarded brother. I have posted some new "real" Pit Bull Tats in my gallery. Just click on the icon and tell me what you think. I'm getting my new one done tomorrow. It will probably take 5-6 hours. I'll post it on here Friday. Everyone check it out and tell me what you think. Later pit people!

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I agree arpitbull, some people do rush in and get alot of ''played out'' images tattooed on them. Some people will sacrafice the tattoo quality to save money.....I think if its worth putting onto your skin FOR LIFE, then its worth waiting a couple months to figure out all your options, and doing the absolute best you can. I recently got my favorite dog I own tattooed on me, and am extremely pleased with how it turned out. Some might look at it, and think its a nice tattoo but its not mean enough, or doesnt look ''bad'' enough. To them I say so what, its my skin, and I dont need poorly designed tattooes to make me feel like a badass! People do get tattooes for the wrong reasons alot of the time, and a pitbull tattoo is commonly one of the images people get for the wrong reason, but a tattoo that means something to you......no one can tell you that its wrong. I have relatives with I'll say it.....some extremely terrible tattooes hacked in with indian ink. But you know what, they got them for the right reasons and they mean a hell of alot to them. (BTW-it is all of their childrens initials and wifes initials in one circle). I get extremely irritated sometimes when people think a tattoo is stupid simply because it isnt World class ink. Some people care more about what it means to them then the aesthetics(sp?) and that is what really matters, that the person wearing it is happy with it. BTW-I'm attaching a photo of my newest tattoo which happens to be a APBT (a portrait of my dog)......I couldnt be any more satisfied with it, and havent had a complaint yet. But honestly, it would mean just as much to ME to have his name tattooed in indian ink ghetto style if I knew I wouldnt ever be able to get funds together to get it done like this. Thankfully I can, I'm just saying, its not always smart to disrespect someones tattoo simply because they couldnt get it done any better. And finally I will say.....if a tattoo means nothing to you, dont get it! I'm tired of all these people getting tattooes that mean absolutely nothing other than ''I saw it on the wall and it looked awesome!"-if you go that route you will feel like the rest of these jokers who all got tribal tattooes a couple years back because it was a fad, ask them how happy they are now that they got them! Have a good day.....I'll get off my soapbox now!

Attached Files:

9. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

I'm happy with my Tribal tat,and my Celtic tat,and my 3 other tats.All are custom work.Every tat I have was thought over,and talked over and adjusted to what I wanted. The only reason I don't have a Pit Bull tat is that I don't have the right dog to put in ink yet.In time I will,and I will go to the same artist that I have used every time.

http://primalinstincts.ca/

10. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

No offense to you, or your tattoos, but the majority of the work on that site is complete junk, and the artist would in no way hack it at my shop.

11. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

Man I wish you would fix mine. I hate it.

12. Most of my hubbys customers get the same things over and over.Myself all my tattoos have gone threw a thought process.Every now and then someone will come in and want something custom.NO matter what kinda tattoo does custom or off the wall or books he takes his time.I do plan in time to get a portrait of our dog.I have more to think about and work on right now with my leg sleeve than getting that one right now.
    You can check out some other tattoos on my website.
    www.freewebs.com/pit2tatkennels

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2005
  13. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

Man all you have to do id get in the truck, hop on the turnpike, pay a ton for gas and all the dang tolls, come to the shop, and it'll be all fixed up, and I may just have to send ya back with a new one too!

14. Vix

Vix Pup

Tattoo's are addictive....in other words one just won't do!!! "Note to self that is why I have 5...and always looking out for my next one!" hehe

15. Marty

Marty Guest

Lol will ya pick me up at the airport?

16. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

14 Rock - How much does a tattoo like the one of your dog cost? I like the potrait tattoo's myself and yours is the best I've seen. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo in the future but I haven't really made up my mind...I'm a little scared of getting it done, LOL. And scared it is going to be horrible when it's done and I'm not going to like it...LOL

17. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

Sure will. When folks fly in from out of town for work at our shop, we off transportation. Just let me know when!

18. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

Then don't go to any of the shops around Tulsa, from what I've seen they're all junk. Come see me, I love doing color portraits.

19. As far as tattoos go. I'll disagree about the getting a shitty tattoo as long as it means something to you. I firmly believe every tat should mean something but tattoos are not that expensive. Some of the best tattoo artist in the world only charge $150 per hour. As popular as tattoos have gotten in the last 10 years, a million tattoo shops have opened. You can get a descent looking tat of letters, or script or whatever for $100. I"m sorry, if thats to expensive for someone then they need to just give up the idea of getting a tat and get off of the dope.

20. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

You talk as if you "know" something about the industry, quoting prices and all. Are you an artist, qualified to do so, or just some guy with tattoos who's now an expert? Seems like there's quite a few of those. Now for your price quotes, there are SEVERAL guys who work for 250 per hour or more, so yes, tattoos CAN get expensive. At conventions I charge pretty damn close to 200 or so per hour. Leave the price quotes to those of us qualified to do so. And all this "TAT" reference, it's a TATTOO not a "tat", it sounds like a bunch of retards. A "tat" or "tatting", refers to doiley making. This artform is TATTOO! Not "tat".

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2005