1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pitbull died protecting family from a cobra.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DiMaSaLaNg, Feb 12, 2007.

1. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

just wanna share this to you. i got this from our local apbt forum.

"On february 12, about 2pm. Chief and the grandma ( sitting on the couch ) of Marlon was watching TV. Suddenly Chief jumped and tried to attack a cobra who was just about an 2 meters from her. The old lady went histerical so the wife of marlon pulled her and they went inside the room.When the commotion stopped, The wife of Marlon went out, to her surprise, the cobra was going to her direction..spitting and was standing about 2 feet, then out of nowhere, chief grabbed the neck and shake the cobra like he never shake before..but the cobra did bite him in his lip..just 20 mins after the cobra died, chief went wobbly,paralized, and fell..Marlon arrived from work, he saw chief panting heavily..when he approach his dog, the dog stop breathing.. i guess chief waited for his master..saving his ounces of breath just to see a glimpse for the last time to his master."

" CHIEF " died in protecting his family..if it was not because of chief..a family member may loss his life..
    to the big fellow of Cagayan de Oro..Farewell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

chief during his happy days with his owner.

[​IMG]

it is so worth it to love this breed.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2007
  2. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

:( RIP Chief.

These dogs are amazing.

3. Attila

Attila Guest

Another reason to love the breed and another reason I hate them damn snakes. I kill all snakes when I see them. I don't give a shit what kind they are the only good one is a dead one. RIP to the protector.

4. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Damn, sorry to hear about his loss, but that is awesome at the same time. I'd be very proud. Was this in the PHL?

5. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Wow that is shocking! I am sorry to hear that...[​IMG]

6. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

yes this happened in the P.I

this the kind of news that the media should show the public.

this is what happened according to the author of the thread.

"On february 12, about 2pm. Chief and the grandma ( sitting on the couch ) of Marlon was watching TV. Suddenly Chief jumped and tried to attack a cobra who was just about an 2 meters from her. The old lady went histerical so the wife of marlon pulled her and they went inside the room.When the commotion stopped, The wife of Marlon went out, to her surprise, the cobra was going to her direction..spitting and was standing about 2 feet, then out of nowhere, chief grabbed the neck and shake the cobra like he never shake before..but the cobra did bite him in his lip..just 20 mins after the cobra died, chief went wobbly,paralized, and fell..Marlon arrived from work, he saw chief panting heavily..when he approach his dog, the dog stop breathing.. i guess chief waited for his master..saving his ounces of breath just to see a glimpse for the last time to his master."

7. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

This is kinda cosmic. I had a nightmare this morning that my own dog was killed by a cobra in the house. It woke me up, and the first thing I thought was how my husband wants to keep venomous snakes someday, and how uncomfortable that makes me. That poor dog.

8. RIP Cheif....You were great little guy!

9. Marty

Marty Guest

This is a very touching story but a true one about this breed, reps headed your way bro for this one ;)

RIP Chief

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2007
  10. Chief, your da man!

What a touching story - im glad your family is ok.

11. Suki

Suki Guest

cool read!
    amazing the lengths a dog will go through, for its master....

RIP Chief, ...

12. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Holy Christ.

I am going to have nightmares again.

One of the few things I remember well from the PI was the time our house girl picked me up and wisked me away and I saw a cobra over her shoulder.

I am STILL scared of snakes to this day.

RIP Chief! My condolences to his family.

13. truegames

truegames Big Dog

Sorry to hear about Chief. RIP

Here's a pic of a timber rattler I killed crossing my drive way it was headed straight toward the dogs.

Attached Files:

14. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

RIP Chief, see you in Valhalla!

15. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

thanks guys,

chief's family must be so proud of him.

16. Attila

Attila Guest

I sure would be actively trying to exterminate every snake on the island now. I try that here but this island is kind of big to do that effectively. But I kill ever one I see.

17. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

There is no greater honor than a man that lays down his life for his friend. In this case, it was a dog, the best kind.

18. Phebes

Phebes Guest

I had a cat who used to chase and kill copperheads all the time. Cleaned them out around my house....but cat is dead now and last summer the copperheads were back. Had a Sheepdog use to dig up copperhead nests in the manure pile and smash the eggs.
    Blacksnakes are good to have around to keep the rodents down. Had a huge one years ago lived in the barn, must of been 4 inches around slept in the rafters over the feed bin.
    I always liked snakes never owned one though.

19. Michele

Michele Guest

RIP Chief.....run free

20. Attila

Attila Guest

Ya I just don't like snakes. I have been around them enough to know I don't like them. King snakes will also eat baby chickens, rabbits, small pups and so forth. I just don't need any snakes. In south america there were really big snakes. I don't care what kind a snake is I don't like em. Serpents for all I can tell.