1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Police shoot and kill local pitbull

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by B, May 18, 2005.

1. B

B CH Dog

Police shot and killed a local pitbull here a few days ago. There was a complaint about a "domestic" dispute and they arrived at the scene. The complaint was bogus and there was only a man and his dog on the premesis. The police went to the door and heard a dog growling and barking. The owner told them to wait and he would open the door as soon as he put the dog away. Supposedly there were warning signs on the premesis that the dog was trained for guard duty. The police kicked in the door after deciding the man was taking too long and the dog attacked the first one through the door. They shot it many many many times (a ridiculous amount according to the woman that was supposedly being abused) until they were sure it was dead. They took the man to jail for assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest. They charged him with these because the dog attacked a police officer and he didn't put the dog away soon enough. We spoke with the man's wife and she was totally heartbroken having lost her dog and now her husband in jail. She plans on suing the police department and freeing her husband. Sorry but I don't have more details than that... It wasn't in the paper but the lady happened to be over at a mutual friends house. I've met the dog before and he was a big old hambone. He was a very nice dog. I hope something comes of this bullsh**.

B

2. B

B CH Dog

BTW, I'll update if I get any more info...

B

3. bdub

bdub Top Dog

that really sux man,,pigs killin a dog doing what comes natural

4. lil'lucybear

lil'lucybear Big Dog

i hate cops...............................................i wish cops had real problems to worry about, they are always overreacting to situations that could be dealt with in a much calmer and more stable manner. i can't believe these people are given guns when they are not even stable enough to go to a house call and actually listen to the people involved, no they think its their duty to kick in someones door and shoot their dog, i am starting to really think that law enforcement officers need to go through extra trainning because the trainning they currently receive is apparently not enough

5. jankab

jankab Top Dog

That sucks... The dog was protecting the house... but at the same time the police were called out for a "domestic" dispute, I am sure with him taking his time to open the door they probally were worried about the woman?

6. jankab

jankab Top Dog

But I agree, they had no right to take it that far and unload on the dog...

7. B

B CH Dog

The man notified the police that it was only him and the dog. The lady was out doing errands. At this point no one is even sure why the police were called out. Someone must have heard someone else or mistaken a normal sound for abuse... The woman hadn't been at the house for the majority of the day.

B

8. bdub

bdub Top Dog

for real,i cant stand a pig ,,dont need em

9. lil'lucybear

lil'lucybear Big Dog

i would be at that station making a complaint and requesting that the police be detained until further investigation is done, the police have no right to enter someones house like that unless they have a resonable cause, the original phone call does not allow them to kick in the door and unload on a dog. these cops should be punished severly

10. bdub

bdub Top Dog

they wont do nothing to pigs,,the pigs will be in the right they always are even if we know theyre not

11. D.R KING

D.R KING GET OFF MY LINE...

Why did the guy have a pitbull trained for protection? In my opinion training a pitbull to attack ANY human is very dangerous, these dogs have great attacking power, and we all know they dont just bite and and thats that...they keep coming back

What the poilce did was wrong, the man said he was going to place the dog up, although i dont know why it took the man so long to close a door and place the dog away, I have a feeling that the paper left some important facts out..making the pitbull seem like the bad guy 9 times outta 10

12. bdub

bdub Top Dog

dogs dont have to be trained to be protective,

13. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

QUOTE BY bnD KENNELS It wasn't in the paper but the lady happened to be over at a mutual friends house. I've met the dog before and he was a big old hambone. He was a very nice dog. I hope something comes of this bullsh**. END QUOTE BY bnD KENNELS

ALL WE KNOW IS HALF THE STORY BUT STILL THE COPS SHOULD HAVE NOT SHOT THE DOG REPEATEDLY. IM SURE THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR. US AS AN SOCIETY GRANT COPS WITH AUTHORITIE BUT SOME TIMES THAT AUTHORITIE IS ABUSED AND MISSED USED.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2005
  14. D.R KING

Yes and I understand that but this dog was trained, there is a differnce between being trained to attack every other person and only attacking when your owner is a real danger

oops, well something aint adding up right, something is fishy about this whole thing....

15. B

B CH Dog

I'd imagine that the dog probably thought the police were intruders so he acted accordingly. I've only got one side of the story but the whole point was that the police were there on a bogus call anyhow and it ended with a dog being shot numerous times to death and the owner being hauled off to jail. The point of my post was that there was never a "domestic disturbance" at the house to begin with. The entire incident was avoidable.

B

16. D.R KING

I cant imagine why someone would train a pitbull to guard...there are rottweiler, dobvermans and other breeds who can guard better than the pitbull

17. B

B CH Dog

Although I'm sure no one can be legally blamed for the initial call... it sounds like whoever placed the original 911 call was totally wrong. The woman was not at the house. What sort of domestic dispute could happen between a man and his dog?

B

18. bdub

bdub Top Dog

yeh your right king

19. B

B CH Dog

The police should also have known better than to barge in if the dog hadn't been placed in another room. If signs were up and he was taking the dog to a different room, then they shouldn't have barged into the house. The man told them that it was only the dog and him. He also warned them that the dog needed to be secured before he could open the door. It sounded like the police got itchy and busted through before he even had a chance to get the dog secured. I can't really give more info then that because I wasn't given any. The whole point is that the police knew the dog was a guard dog, the dispute was bogus to begin with, and they barged into the house before the dog could be secured. I don't disagree that pitbulls shouldn't be trained for guard duty but it was his legal right to own and train that dog however he would like. The points in question are the ones I listed above.

B

20. jasong

jasong Big Dog

Yeah, stick to the points and don't try and change the subject king. The dog was shot b/c of a bogus phone call. It is the owners right to train his dog however he feels fit whether you agree with his practices or not. The cops in this case seem to be totally in the wrong and that’s the whole purpose of the post. Not to hear about whether the dog was trained to attack people or not, but is show how the cops over stepped their authority and committed a crime against an innocent man and his dog.