1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pregnancy??

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Crash97, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

I've got a young bitch that got locked together w/ the male I had. That was about 2 mo. ago. Took her to the vet a mo. ago, vet did a manual palp., and told me the dog was preg. Now it's a mo. later, the bitch is healthy, but thin. Not preg. looking at all. Her teats are pretty warm, and engorged. Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks in advance.

2. CRG

CRG Top Dog

could be false pregnancy goes through all the sighns but no pups

3. gator

gator Big Dog

I know that there is some type of infection the bitch dog gets that affects her milk and will also infect pups if they nurse her. One of the signs are hot teats and inflamtion around the teat area. I cant remember the name of it but Im sure there is someone out there that is familiar with what Im referring to?

4. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

Take your dog back to the vet before she dies...Don't wait for someone on here to say what they think is wrong with your dog.....

5. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

I would have to agree with Rumble. An acquantaince of mine just had a bitch die from Mastitis(infection of the teats) so have her checked soon. Mastitis will cause her to have bad milk and hard teats in severe cases her teats will burst open and do alot more damage than should have been allowed.

6. gator

gator Big Dog

Yes very good advice and thanks LA that was the infection I was talking about. Very treatable but very dangerous if left alone.

7. CRG

CRG Top Dog

yes a buddy of mine bitch had mastitis right after she had pups had to bottle and hand feed the pups from 5 days old mothers milk would have killed them. the vet said it was good we caught it when we did because it would also have killed the mother. rumble was right you need to get her back to the vet.

8. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

One Thing you need to do if it's gonna be a day or 2 before you get her to the vet is to drain the infection off the teats. My vet showed me how to do it qwith one of my bitches. Just take a needle off a syringe and stick it into the hardest part of the teat. Also Give a shot of penicillin into the teat but only about 1/2 a cc. but get her to a vet soon as he will give you the meds you need to get rid of it.

9. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

10. Ok enough reading the post get to the Vet and good luck with her.. PEAcE

11. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

That should of been the first advice give'n.....Good luck to you and your dog...I hope she's ok....

12. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

If you read my post, it says "Good advice by Rumble and LA..." Which I agreed that he needs to take his bitch to the vet..ASAP!. I then went on to write about the article on "Mastitis" in the articles section for those that don't know what it is they can go and read up on it...;)

13. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Thank you to all that posted. After reading the article posted by Mrs. Knock, I don't believe it is mastitis, but will take her in very soon to have her checked to be safe. Thanks again.

14. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Vet. said there are no problems with her, may have been artificial pregnancy. Usin blue 'cause I wanna be just like my bros. Knock and Rumble.........lol