1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

PRIDE dog food??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by brendalrednblues, May 9, 2011.

1. Hey the guy at the feed store reccomended this brand, what do you all think?

2. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Tell him if he will eat a serving you might buy some. Look at the ingredients and research.

3. harold

harold Pup

works just fine dont let all the 50 dollar a bag pretend dog men tll u different

4. Hey Harold is that what you feeding? What were you feeding before?

5. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Meat and bone meal is not very digestable. Brewer's rice is another cheap filler. Corn ain't nothing but a cheap filler, and it can have mold in it, and is bad for allergies. Chicken fat is good. Chicken by-product meal isn't as good as chicken meal but it's high in protein. More corn. Beet pulp is another filler. Chicken FLAVOR is bad. It means there's not enough real meat in the food, they have to add a flavoring to it. Flaxseed is OK. Eggs are OK. Brewers yeast is fine if your dog isn't allergic.

The rest isn't real important.
    I wouldn't feed it. There are lots of cheap good foods. This food is mediocre at best.

6. harold

harold Pup

its fine dog feed sportmix is also a fine feed to many wannabe dog men dog on a chain makes no sense in high dollar feed their dog wont work, recover, hold weight, coat shine bright eye hold off sickness any better than your dog on pride if your workin your dog add one raw chicken thigh to your bowl of pride 1/2 cup of cooked white rice and a 1/4 cup of peanut oil moniter his weight if he gains cut some kibble keep the rest and back to kibble only if he is chain bound feed 23 dogs pride or sportmix and they all go like hell off it let everyone post what they feed what they spend what they use their dogs for the bottom line is feed it and check your dogs health and performance off it if your satisfied use it and not try another if your spending more than 20 to 25 bucks for 50 pounds your a fool

7. harold

harold Pup

i see also your in sc like i am pride sportmix blackwood and riverrun are your best options go high fat protien for active dogs and high protien low fat for the more inactive dogs

8. Ok. I currently feed my dogs Diamonds "Naturals", but I pay bout 30 bucks for 40lbs, better ingredients but I may try & incorporate it...been hearin a lot bout the feed. Where do you shop in SC?

9. harold

harold Pup

upstate feed stores

10. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Pancreatitis and other health problems from crappy food is a great way to lose a good dog early. Am I saying every dog fed a crap food is gonna die young? Of course not, but it sure don't help.