1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Producers

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by ohpitbulls, Apr 22, 2010.

1. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

Just wanted to get folks opinions why they think dogs produce better then other ?
    Whis is it that make the dog able to produce better then others ?

JD

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2010
  2. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I'd say it has a lot to do with the breeder behind the dogs. Someone knowin their dogs strengths and weaknesses and planning their breedings accordingly. It no accident that some dogmen have had great success while others have not so much.

3. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

That is true, but what about them dogs that could produce no mater what they was stuck with ? There people that claim some dogs could produce winners even when bred to a curr or cold dog, there is people that claim a cold or curr dog could produce just as got as any ?????

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

great genes...

5. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

True imo this is the most important , but i seen some well bred(brood) dogs that could not produce a terd.

6. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

its all bout the genes

7. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

The one that gets me is when you got like 4 to 6 generations of no winners and then all of a sudden out of nowhere there's a gr ch.

8. malakimax

malakimax Big Dog

I'm sure often in those cases- It's the dogs that were not tested. It could be some of them (in the pedigree) would have been great if they were shown. untested is unknown vs quiters. - But I know what you mean, a great dog coming out of nowhere. Like this one. http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=1509

She won 9, no loses, beat at least one champion (only 3 reported, Campained by Tom Ratliff). She wasn't that great of a producer. I would have taken to her to a Redboy or Bolio Stud that had been proven game. Instead she was breed to Eli males, and almost all quit. So she was a great one out of nowhere, that will fade into the past.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2010
  9. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

don't mean great pedigree. its all genetics, some can produce and others can't. some dogs can throw bulldogs no matter what up back up to them, thats because of great genes. you can try to increase the odds in your favor by breeding responsibly but at the end of the day theres really not shit you can do. that dog is gonna produce how it was born to produce no matter what.

10. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Just bc they are winners doesnt make them untested. And just bc they havent been tested doesnt mean that they aren't game, you just dont know if they are or aren't which lowers your percentages IMO but its still possible for the dogs to turn out. You could have a yard of great dogs that arent winners and as soon as one of them gets out of the yard;)

11. kera5

kera5 Big Dog

agreed it's all about genes:D

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

_bump_..............................................

13. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

genetically speaking, anything can happen, there are way too many variables involved

14. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Actually yes it does,if they never been proven game then all you can do is speculate.If he hasn't been tested,there's no possible way you could honestly call him a game dog.He's not game until he proves otherwise IMO.

15. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

hes gotta point:rolleyes:

16. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

genes play a big role.and like yardboy said a good breeder that has a nak to recognize good traits to fullfill his vision.

17. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I consider every dog a cur untill it proves otherwise. Even if it is cold I still consider it a cur. I don't like to give anything the benefit of the doubt.

18. malakimax

malakimax Big Dog

A APBT or gamecock is game because it genes tell it to be game. The genes are over riding it's genes of self preservation. An act of gameness is just an expression of genes. The fact that gameness are genes are why they can be past on. Although I agree you can not say that a dog is game with out a game test, the caveat of that is that you can not say they are not game. You can say you don't know. So.... just because they haven't been tested doesn't mean that they aren't game, -it's just that you don't know either way. So.....It's actually possible they are game. (you just don't know) That being said, your stock should be tested so that you can preserve the breed, and retain the traits that make this breed great.

19. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

He does have a good point. No rolling the eyes and no BS you don't know if a dog is game until he proves it. Just because it will go 15 don't mean it'll go 20. Just cause it'll go 20 don't mean it'll go 30. Just cause it'll go 40 on top don't mean it'll go 20 on the bottom. You really don't know until you put it through a good test. Then it could pass the test but cur out in the [].

Malakimax, this is the one I had in mind
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [11264] :: <b>WALKER'S BEARTRAP BULLET MC COY (5XW)

20. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

a game dog could be dead game, not worthy of being bred on that merit alone