1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pup Size

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by SlaughterHouse, Feb 2, 2010.

1. SlaughterHouse

SlaughterHouse Big Dog

I took my pup to the vet today and at 6 months he weighs 24.5 lbs. I was wonting to know what would be a good educated guess on his adult weight?

2. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

They usually say that a pup's weight at 5 months is half of their adult weight. I cannot vouch for that or even call it accurate, but maybe 50 lbs give or take? lol How big were the pup's parents? That is usually a good indicator.

3. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

damn, my little dude whose only 11 weeks weighs about 17lbs already. btw does your name refer to slaughterhouse the group?

4. PERRO

PERRO Big Dog

I would say that's pretty accurate. Most of my dogs grew to be twice of their six month weight.:dogkiss:

5. SlaughterHouse

SlaughterHouse Big Dog

When I joined the group thats the name I chose for my kennel name. Only to come and find out that the kennel name was already used my someone. I wasnt aware there was a group named slaughterhouse , but will check them out.

6. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

lol my bad then..but if your a fan of GOOD hip-hop you will like them. post up pics of the pup

7. SlaughterHouse

SlaughterHouse Big Dog

I had posted a picture of him the other day under a different topic, but I will put some up that I didnt before. Cant never have too many pictures.

Attached Files:

8. popper

popper CH Dog

i would go out and say 40 to 50 pounds

9. popper

popper CH Dog

my male was like 36 pounds at sixmonths and now he is likr 68 conditioned..... wishhe were smaller

10. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

you got a good looking dog there man

11. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

Nothing is in black and white depending how he is bred will have a factor on what his chain weight is when he matures.Some pups grow up and out just as others grow out then up . I have seen bitches throw pups that were low 30's upto low 50's all in one litter.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010
  12. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

my male was 24 at 18 wks wonder what he will end up at.

13. farm curs

farm curs Big Dog

I always double their 4 month old weight(16 wks),unless it's sickley or the runt it usually within a lb. or two.

14. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

mine looked thin so I wormed him at 18 wks too and he plumped up after lolol.

15. wow i have a 5mos old pup that weighed in @ 10lbs today. to hard to tell, i had a dog that weighed 25lbs at 6mos old and now she is 2 1/2 and weighs 30lbs soaking wet. i have also had them at around 20lbs @ 6mos old and end up 45-50lbs, i am hoping my lil pup stays as small as he is maybe reaching 20lbs @ yr old

16. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

I got a poncho male he is 7 months at 25 lbs tiny guy

17. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

i seem to be one of the few that likes the larger side pitbulls.

18. popper

popper CH Dog

i use to also .... but once you have the NOrMAL size 30 to 50 range youwont go back .... theyhave so much heart and they are just more fun.

19. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

i guess only time will tell, its my first pitbull so ill see.

20. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

i got a female that is three months old and is 14 lbs.