1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

puppy bumps????

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by badnews_VA, Sep 29, 2004.

1. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

i've noticed that some puppies get bumps on their face and as they get older the bumps go away. is there anything that i can give them to help the bumps go away faster?

2. CRG

CRG Top Dog

badnews check the health forums someone else had the same problems. there were some good tips in that thread.

3. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

ok thank you

4. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

hey crg8, what article are you talking about? the only one i found is the pup had red bumps that was pushing the hair up, mine is just little plain bumps on the face and head kinda like pimples. i've seen them before on another pup and they went away as he got older but i want to see if there was something to speed up the process. could you help me out. thanks

5. CRG

CRG Top Dog

i'll check around an see what i can find out.

6. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

LOL @ pimples..
    Do pups go through pubery...?
    (He he he)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

lol maybe they do

8. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

yes they do ..generally around the time they get demodex at 8 -12 months of age ..in this sense demodex is like a teenage acne. It usually goes away on its own then, too..

but around that time the dogs hormones are changing. thats why at about the 8 to 12 months that some dogs seem to "forget" all they were ever trained. Its basically like teenage puberty :) Go raging hormones go!

9. B-I-Z

B-I-Z Big Dog

one of mine hit it early...he's only 6 months and humps everything in sight lol

10. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

you learn something new everyday, thanks for the info

11. AC

AC Big Dog

I heard amoxicillin works for that. Never tried it though but I have heard it does clear it up rather quickly.

12. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

I feal a little smarter now... I didnt know that!!

13. i did nt know that either