1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

puppy ears?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by gootza, Feb 21, 2008.

1. gootza

gootza Pup

I've tried to find information about this but haven't really found much..
    When i first brought my pup home at 8 weeks her ears were normal, floppy, cute ears! She is 13 weeks old now and her right ear is doing all sorts of crazy things! I've been told this is because she's teething and they will soon settle down and return to their normal positioning.. Anyone know if this is correct? :confused: I don't mind though i think its cute as hell but just wondering :)

2. they way the ears look at 8 weeks are not they way they'll end up, and neither are the akward shape they're taking now. Its just a matter of being akward from time to time before maturing. One day the dog will skinny and then fat after a growth spurt etc. They seem to grow in bursts more than gradually lol...

As the pup ages that respective cartilage will harden, and eventually will take the natural shape at an older age. The way you saw them at 8 wks, and the way they are now will probably change again, and maybe a few more times...

If its that imortant I remember seeing a thread on this board about shaping rose ears with tape I just don't have time to look for a link right now. You can also google it...this is common practice amongst amstaff people and those that show and prefer a certain natural ear set.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2008