1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Puppy teeth

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Red Stripe, Oct 4, 2004.

1. I have a question.

At what age do dogs lose their canines? I have an 18 week old male who lost his upper canine yesterday. The reason for my concern is that he ran into my knee when we were playing and I noticed that there was blood in his mouth. When I looked his upper left canine was gone and he was bleeding from that area. Does this sound like his puppy tooth to you guys?

Thank you for any replies.

2. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

Yep I Wouldnt Worry To Much Unless It Does Not Stop Bleeding Lol:)

3. AC

AC Big Dog

They usually start losing them around 4-6 mo. of age. So I wouldn't be too worried. When the perms. come in they are usually very strong. I doubt a bump to your knee would knock it out. :)

4. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

i noticed my 11 week old female is missing two of her bottom teeth. i've never seen puppies lose their teeth this early and wanted to know what ya'll thought. i don't know if they came out by their self, from playing with her mom(they play ruff), or from chewing on their bone. thanks for any advice in advance.

5. SSandecki

SSandecki Pup

I wouldn't worry about it.

6. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

i didn't think it was that big of a deal, just thought i'd ask. thanks

7. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

I was told that pups didn't lose their k-9's they just got bigger

Please tell me if I'm wrong Thanks !!!

8. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Yes, you were told wrong. Dogs lose there teeth just as human children lose theres.
    BB

9. Roland64

Roland64 Pup

Yes it's perfectly normal, I took my pup to the vet when he was 9 weeks, and the vet told me that they usually don't start getting their permanent teeth until about three months he just lost another one yesterday at 5 months. If your pup is losing them "quicker" than usual it's probably just from aggressive chewing, nothing to worry about.

10. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

yeah it was just something new to me cause i didn't know they could lose them that early, so i just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong. next time i'll know. thanks