1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

puppy weight

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bigsho, Oct 6, 2004.

1. bigsho

bigsho Pup

i have a puppy that just turned 5 mo. he is an amstaff.(I know not alot of people here have them) but he weighs 46lbs. now is this normal. he is purebred and im sure of his bloodlines and is not fat at all. is he on the right track? any info apprec. i know hes not a pit but i love him just the same

2. AC

AC Big Dog

He sounds like a big healthy pup :)

3. zombie106

zombie106 Big Dog

That sounds kind of big but you have to factor in genetics. Maybe his parents are big, or maybe he grows fast. A friend of mine had a dog that was like 45 lbs at about 4 months and then never grew anymore. I thought there might be something wrong with him, but the dog is still around and kickin.