1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Purebreds Not Exempt from Pit-Bull Ban

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by Marty, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

TORONTO -- Breeders of purebred dogs like the Staffordshire bull terrier will not be exempted from Ontario's provincewide ban on pit bulls.

Breeders say they were surprised to see the government include Staffordshire bull terriers and American Staffordshire terriers among the dogs being banned in Ontario.

Attorney General Michael Bryant says he rejected the breeders' appeals for an exemption because there have been attacks on people by the registered pure breds listed in the province's ban.

He says the government checked and discovered the pure breds can be just as dangerous as other mixed breed pit bulls.

However, Bryant says he may be willing to make some kind of accommodation for the handful of purebred pit bulls in Ontario that participate in international dog shows.

But he says breeders will have to find other breeds of dogs or get out of the business in Ontario.

2. pit stop

pit stop Pup

First the Canadians let their leaders take their guns, now their dogs are under attack, anyone see a pattern?

Some things are worth fighting for and these are two of them.

When guns or pit bulls are outlawed in this country, I WILL be an outlaw!

Pit Stop

3. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

I feel you on that.

4. Marty

Marty Guest

Me too!!!!!!!!!