1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Quality Panel Wire for Kennel?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by act284, Dec 11, 2011.

1. act284

act284 Big Dog

2. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Yea they will work fine unless your putting dogs side by side.

3. act284

act284 Big Dog

what would be the problem if they are side by side?...im guessing you are referring to the opening size between the wires?

4. It's called fence fighting

5. act284

act284 Big Dog

problem solved with 2nd inner wire panel with smaller openings and usage of wood in between if necessary...i was more or less asking if these would hold up to the chewing and pulling

6. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

sheep/goat panels have 4" spacing

7. allbiz00

allbiz00 Pup

fully enclosed (top) just to make sure.

8. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

The panel will hold up,but the dog's teeth probably won't if he spends much time biting the fence.

I have a couple kennels I made for pups,and they're 2"x4" spacing,I like them better than the 4" square.

9. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

The panel will hold up fine but i would put some sort of divider in between the dogs.Id personaly use some thick sheet metal,but ive seen people use tin/metal roof panels as well ,at the very least some ply wood .If you've got aggressive dogs you will need a divider,doubling up the panels won't stop them from busting up there hardware.

10. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Gh32 where did you find the panels with 2"x4" squares? I've seen them used on welded wire kennels but not just as panels.

11. act284

act284 Big Dog

i've seen online 2" x 4" panels for horse panels...but those almost always cost $60-$75 per panel vs $25-$35 for the the other panels with bigger openings

12. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

They're horse panels,I buy them at MFA but other feed stores have them too,like act284 mentioned they're expensive enough,I pay close to $50-$55 for a 16' panel with the 2"x4" spacing

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
  13. D.Dogg

D.Dogg Big Dog

Had this isssue when I first got into dogs. Not knowing any better. One dog busted a k9. That was the last kennel my dogs were in.

I personally fond of chains, been discussed. BIGGEST reason, when I go to the dogs, they are right there in my hands to check over and love on. Not a lot of dog people enjoy hassling with a dog trying to escape a pen as you enter to feed, check, water, clean. . . Chain spots using high tensle light weight chains with stainless swivels are the best option.

To bad chaining a dog has gotten such bad light. Most secure and as mentioned most interactive method of dog confinement. Besides cages are like jail, no one wants to see bars all their lifes!!!!