1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Question for yall

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Defend2DaEnd, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Ok I have several dogs now. More than I want more than I need but I ended up with them... SIGH. I got a nice yard set up going and I have chain space for about eight I only have five APBTs and a bluff. Well last week I went out and got this pretty bandogge. She is a APBT/Bull Mastiff but second generation. So her mom was a mix of both and her dad was a mix of both. I got her on a trade because my ex broke in and stole a bunch of stuff and I decided a dog that didn't know him and was actually a guard dog would be nice. Well she is a good guard dog but that's not my problem. This girl is about three (I'd show you pics but the digital camera was... stolen) and when I first got her she was nicely tucked and everything (not in heat). Now she is gettin tits and her vulva is swollen. Could that mean she is pregnant? Because the last thing I need is pups. Also, would spaying slow down her guarding abilities because as long as I've had her I've had no problems. I called the guy and he says that he is about 90 percent sure she isn't pregnant. I'd take her to the vet but that would have to wait until next week. So what yall think?

2. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

I think you have your hands full..lol. I would take her to the vet just to be safe. I really dont know what else it could be if she is not in heat. I would first check and see when her last heat cycle was and make sure it is not coming around again.

3. cary-dude

cary-dude Big Dog

I think i'm sorry your stuff got stolen, that really sucks.

4. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Yea someone was supposed to ship up 1 6 month old pup and they shipped two of them. I asked them why and they said because I said I liked those two. So I do and I have them, ha ha. The three that I started out with plus those 2 plus the bandogge plus this old bulldog I found running the streets that needs to find a home yea more than enough. But the kids are enjoying it more than anything they got a bunch of dogs who LOVE to pull their wagon around the block.

5. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

it may be false preg. at the end of her heat. but carry her to the vet. he can fix her there then,,and you won't have pups. sounds like you need to fix your whole yard up that way!

6. prettyfulpitbull

prettyfulpitbull Bullylover06

do you have a kennel link?Are you located in my state?

7. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

Do u know when she was in heat? or could this be the begining of a heat? in agreement with possibly a false pregnancy also.

8. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I wouldn't think that, at her age, spaying would have any affect on her personality.

9. Suki

Suki Guest

yup, ditto for me, and no, her personality will not change, at least not enough to affect or hinder her personality.