1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

question??

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by DiMaSaLaNg, Jul 26, 2006.

1. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

is there any dog show winner who has a cross of ukc showbred dog and adba gamebred dog in his/her pedigree?

what do you think of this kind of breeding for "show purposes" only. would the cross produce a winner in the showring?

2. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I'm going to venture a guess that it would depend on the individual dogs? I'm not going to say "gamebred" per se, but some folks I know compete with success in both registries. My dog, for example, has both ADBA and UKC dogs in her pedigree, and her "aunt" was the first dual ADBA/UKC Grand. Her grand-dam has done well in both registries as well.

I like a dog that's somewhere in the middle and can compete in both registries. That's my personal preference. If my girl had a good scissors bite, she could probably show both, structurally speaking. I think most ADBA judges like to see more fire, but she's just not impressed with other dogs lunging at her. I think she could easily lay down and take a nap with another dog raging 3 feet from her. LOL!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2006
  3. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

i was actually hoping that youre going to answer my question. lol!

im really impressed with your dog and im also one of those people like you who prefer my dog being "somewhere in the middle and can compete in both registries". unfortunately apbt clubs here in the Philippines has only 2 categories which is GAMEBRED and SHOWBRED.

my dog's dam was a cross of both but she(my dog) was able to get a championship in the showbred category.

4. Attila

Attila Guest

I don't see any reason why not. I like to have some variation now and then keep from getting that blue blood thing. lol

5. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Thanks for the compliments. :)

That's interesting. I wonder how they differentiate between the two. Does a dog have to have a certain amount of [] winners in its pedigree to be considered gamebred? Is it still legal to gametest them over there?

I guess in a way its a good thing, because it keeps performance-bred dogs from being judged against a dog that is nowhere near that type. But I've always been a fan of balance. Give me a dog that can do it all and then some, and look good doing it. LOL!

6. Attila

Attila Guest

bahamutt99, As stupid as this may sound I just realized who you are and why your dog looks so familiar. I feel stupid that I had not put it together by now. Kellyville. Ha I am a dingbat.

7. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I sent you a PM Attila.

8. Attila

Attila Guest

Thanks got it. :) I sent one back. lol

9. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

My dog is UKC reg, and should be dual reg. with the ADBA if my darned old relative would have done the same with the dam. Still baffled by that one. Anywhooo, I think she'd do alright in the show ring if I prepped her for it. Just got a nice kink in her tail, so that wouldn't help much.

10. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

its illegal to gametest in here because of the anti-animal cruelty law, but a lot have been doin it under the radar, i guess its okey unless somebody snitches about it or you get caught. hehe.

showtype dogs in here are simply apbt's with a consistent pedigree of dogs bein shown and gamebreds with a consistent pedigree of apbts that are game tested.

example: a dog bred with calderon and knollwood bloodline is a showtype and a dog bred with redboy and bolio lines is a gamebred.

11. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

thanks for your comment. :)

12. cheese

cheese Top Dog

There have been threads like this before. LarSan was brought up. I wouldn't consider larsan game breed but they have been used here and there.... Wild side has a stud that has some larsan in it. I think Hemphill dual registered his dogs but i am not sure. You could check out that pedigree though at wildside. i think the dogs name is hank or frank?

13. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I wouldn't call Lar-San gamebred either, but they're damn nice dogs. They're a nice compromse between big, buff show dogs and little rangy gamedogs. At least the ones I've seen. Somewhere right in the middle, and that's how I like it. :)

14. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

thanks, can you help me find the link about that wildside dog? i tried to look for it but all i had was this. http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=77558

didnt find any larsan dog in his pedigree. :)

i really would like to know if there was a cross like this that made good either in the showring or in the game.

15. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

ive read somewhere that wilrox dakota chief of lar-san was game tested or did won some matches. is there any truth to this? thanks. :)

16. Attila

Attila Guest

I hear you brother. There are things you do that we just don't publicise for obvious reasons.

Problem is that we have some younger folks that don't know the old ways or don't give a shit about the gentlemen's rules and ways. They mess things up and just cause problems.

You better damn well know who your friends really are and with whom you contract with. Or to say what. Greed seems to get in the way of most. And it is just best left on said and undone.

17. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I couldn't tell ya, really. Maybe someone else knows? I haven't done much research into the individual dogs, mostly just those in my own girl's ped. Besides, since I have no first-hand experience with Wilrox or Chief in particular, I wouldn't even begin to suggest what he may or may not have done. I'll keep my mouth shut and my foot down this time, LOL! :D

18. brolick

brolick Big Dog

A little off subject but i couldn't help it, u can tell what type of people they were naming one of their dogs black nigger

19. Attila

Attila Guest

The dog was black and its name was Nigger. I suppose it isn't much different than the white dog named Honkey. I reckon those are the same two type of folk you are talking of. I wouldn't worry none on it. It just will start bickering and a battle long dead or should be. Lets not re-live it.

20. brolick

brolick Big Dog

I know, it was just crazy when i saw it, i didn't know they went that far(they meaning the prejudice people of those days) I can picture them saying come here nigger, sit, stay, good nigger