1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Question???

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by popper, Jan 31, 2011.

1. popper

popper CH Dog

If a complete stranger came walking up to your dog while tied to a tree and started pulling the hide our her mouth while she was just hanging out, would you be concerned if she showed some signs of agressiveness?

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

its all about what you are comfortable with. Everyone doesnt want a dog that will hop in the car with a stranger tail wagging and some do. Its depends on your situation and what you do/want from your dog

3. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

why are you asking?

4. KingFisher.

KingFisher. Big Dog

No P, Its always been a big worry for me as none of my bulls are agressive towards humans as some one could walk up and open the door to their runs and lead them away, so strangers no matey not at all.

5. AGame

AGame CH Dog

well that depends on the dog i guess i have 1 i know for sure wouldn't let a stranger in the chainspot he isn't a man eater by any means but if he doesn't know you and you come up to his chain spot watch out other than that if he is off and not in his own lil area he is fine with anyone i guess he is just protecting his home lol

6. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

I have allways been kinda paranoid about any dogs i own and strangers so not one has been in a position where they deal with a stranger by themself. But hypothetically it wouldnt bother me if they arked up a bit. Only ever had one male that would have probably do it, and one female that wouldnt ark up but would more than likely jump up and nip , little bitch would jump and nip the gut or back if she had the reach it was only play but to a stranger thats an attack.

7. Luk8272

Luk8272 Big Dog

I don't like anyone walking up to my animals without my permission. Its similar to walking up to my truck and leaning on it. If its not yours you don't touch it.

8. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

I haven't seen you in forever Popper.

No, I wouldn't consider it to be a sign of aggression, even the nicest dogs want to protect themselves sometimes. imo.

9. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

I know personally id be completely comfortable with my dog taking a little go at a complete stranger....im a pretty nice guy but if someone came in my house and dragged be my shirt out im going to shoot them...so as long as my dogs dont do that, they can growl and get a little defensive with no problems from me

10. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

This is why I have to keep my dog indoors at my current location because I'm afraid if I leave him outside someone will decide they want a new dog and he would follow them anywhere tail waggin.

11. HighRiskKennels

HighRiskKennels Big Dog

I dont let anybody on my yard..Closed to public and the dog's i have are not all posted on peds online. Just some habits you pic up...Nobody is around how can they get bit.?

12. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

I do this exact same thing. None of my peds are posted, yard closed, I completely agree.

13. As we like'm

As we like'm Big Dog

I will be more worried about the fact that a complete stranger can walk up to your dog in first...

14. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

everybody needs to get there ass far away from my dogs when they working nobody is alowd till i say so... and more better to say i touche them.

you better not come to my bitch like that because she will show you to fuck off for sure whit a compleet stranger.

and let me put it like this when im working my ass and a stranger come to me and touche me like that i would hit him on there faces direckt...
    so why should a dog just take it?:):):)

15. Jeep/Redboy

Jeep/Redboy Big Dog

My dog would go home with anybody with the nuts to walk up and take him. He barks at strangers approaching his chainspot, but if they just ignore it and go up to him they will be fine. He does get a little iffy when my 2 year old is around, but just don't try to give the kid a spankin and you'll be alright lol.

On the other hand, if he did protect his territory and possessions from strangers I wouldn't necessarily think of it as a bad trait- more just something to consider and keep an eye on. To be honest though, I like him the way he is. Keeps us both out of trouble.

There are some on here who brag about their manbiters. To each his own, but I think they are asking for trouble. These dogs can do too much damage. It might look all cool to your friends, but slip up and that dog gets a hold of somebody he'll likely bite off more than YOU can chew.

16. slim1972

slim1972 Big Dog

From my experience...

STRANGER=ATE UP
    STRANGER+ME=STRANGER ATE UP (;give or take;)

But, NO WORRIES... My yard is closed:)

17. a dog tied up is a dog at work " on duty" so NO i wouldnt consider that human aggression

18. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

COULD SEE IT LIKE THIS,I WOULD'NT LET A STRANGER PULL A STEAK DINNER OUT OF MY MOUTH,NO MATTER HOW DRY THE MEAT IS,WHY SHOULD YOUR DOG???ANYWAY MAKE SURE STRANGER'S CAN'T INVADE YOUR OR DOG'S SPACE.:dogtongue:

19. deegeecee

deegeecee Pup

Had a male once that would eat you inside his chain if you came unattended. But if I took him off chain and handed you the leach, you could take him anywhere. When bringing him home, better pet him or whatever you wish before rechaining (not after) or you would probably loose body parts. I'm not that was the best way, but I sure didn't worry about anyone stealing him.

20. scooter

scooter Big Dog

I have some that would go with anyone and some that would not and might act up a bit if I am not there. I don't want anyone in my yard any dam way without me, so....no I wouldn't worry about it.