1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

question

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by cgar, Sep 18, 2004.

1. cgar

cgar Pup

one of my friends dogs has this female that she was bred to a male about a year and a half ago. but she did not take. now she is very thin and she has cuts on her paws that do not heal. this is goin on for quite a time. does anyone know what it can be? thank you
    cgar

2. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

“one of my friends dogs has this female that she was bred to a male about a year and a half ago. but she did not take”
    That’s not all that uncommon using the counting days method. No way to really tell why she didn’t take first rule out any physical inabilities to conceive pups. If you want to increase your conception rate, provide proper nutrition, worm the b!tch out, run a semen analysis on the male, and perform a progesterone test on the b!tch to peg her date of ovulation.

“now she is very thin and she has cuts on her paws that do not heal. this is goin on for quite a time.”
    First thing I would look at would be nutrition. What are you feeding? Is she standing in water constantly? Keep her kenneled up and don’t work her until the paws have healed. You can try Happy Jack’s Pad Kote it works well or if it is from standing in water she has swamp foot” get you some athletes foot spray like Tinactin.

If you don't know what and/or how to treat her problems why not take her to a vet? Instead of just letting her suffer.