1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Rabbit Meat Diets

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Buck E. Owens, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

and you want to kill these things huh? lol i wouldnt have the heart, id hire my friend to do the killing for me.
    im kinda sick like that, i can watch a human die no problem. but cant stomach killing a baby animal. im juss weird like that!

2. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

its a full grown rabbit by 12 weeks old?

and there no point feeding babies, no meat on them:confused:?

and if you could cull a dog, what does that make me then?

as far as the rabbits,I see it as for a greater good.. food!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
  3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

my bad , i counted them (the new brown does litter), thought she had 5, but she had 8!:eek: so were at 13 all live healthy young rabbits! out of 2 does only!

was told they don't have fur till they are 10 days old, then they are like miniature rabbits! (looks wise anyway)

4. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

5. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

pic's from today,

one died, from the brown ones litter,@ day 2.

so 12 now!

6. redbill

redbill Big Dog

your getting there. before you know it, it will be time to cull them.;)

7. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Starting' Eh!!:D:D

I can't wait just about the time there ready, maybe I'll be done the new jenny done, then I'll have rabbit hides, they seem to show more interest in the rabbits then the hides anyway!

but i think its cause they move!! lol

8. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

9. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

cute little lunches

10. Ctnz

Ctnz Pup

nice rabbits! how are the dogs liking it?

11. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

good the first feeders are ready June 22nd,

i have 2 does coming on the 23rd of this month, there pure NZW, not NZW/Crosses like the first two Does i got.

so I'll have 4 does and Hank till they start maturing, i want 23 does and 2-3 Bucks, to feed the dogs i got and want to Get/Keep.

12. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

13. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

looks like your bunnies are coming along nicely! You will like the pure NZW better than the crosses you have. They are a bit bigger and have more meat on them. I think you will be satisfied with them. And they taste pretty good, too... ;)

14. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I pick up two pure NZW Doe's, on Thursday! $10each

i got $45 in rabbits and $20 in feed, and haven't bought dog food for about a month now, maybe a Lil longer?

and the first rabbit feeders i will test on the dogs, about June 20th....

there on Venison as a base, fat supplied by beef fat, and bones from goat and necks from the deer,

I found the dogs liked the Goat better than the beef, cause they could chew the bones easier.... so they should enjoy the rabbit meat! they better anyway!
    :D

15. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

P.S.
    ( you only get so many chewable bones in a cow, neck tails and ribs, spine, but the rest are to tuff really! so smaller feeder animals are nice!)

Like: Rabbit, Fish ,Chicken , and Pigion's, Turkey ,Goat , Lamb, Pork...

16. bluebeard

bluebeard Big Dog

17. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

Watch out for CWD in the deer necks if you're feeding the vertebrae. I used to but not anymore.

18. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2010
  19. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

20. familydude

familydude Big Dog

I was thinking of doing this when I get a dog. But those plans are on hold as I am unemployeed and dont own a house.