1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

rattlenake bite on friends dog

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by cutt, Apr 22, 2009.

1. cutt

cutt CH Dog

My friends dog before the rattlesmake bite and after.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
  2. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I hate that he got bit,it looks bad.Is he going to pull through or did he not make it?

3. cutt

cutt CH Dog

as far as I know heas doin a lil better since been seen by vet. Rattlesnakes are pretty common in west texas , luckily they got somee medical attention pretty quick. The dog was still active, but they had to keep him calm as much as possible. I guess to prevent increas in circulation...well see, I ll keep yall updated.

4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

damn shame about the dog. i hope he will be OK that brindle color is my favorite to look at.

5. DMMK

DMMK Big Dog

DAMN:eek::eek::eek::eek:, THAT SUCKS, I HATE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS DOG......WE WISH HIM A SPEEDY RECOVERY.......WOW LOOK AT HIS FACE....DAMN

6. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

He will most likley live! if they get bit on the head most live. Its when they get bit some where else you lose them. I had a great dog I got from J.Hand she was killed by a cotten mouth she was bit in the body. I went out to feed and she never came out of her box so I went up to her and saw her bloted up . and whe I pulled her out That bastered was in there with her and allmost got me. Tell your friend to check under all his dog boxes often. Thats where they like to hide.

7. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

DANG J a dog from hand im jealous. you knew the best guys.

8. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Brutal! Poor guy.

9. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Damn that is jacked up!!!!Hope he feels better

10. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

wow! I thought the after pics were of a Sharpei until I read the text! OUCH! Hope he pulls through!

11. RR3000

RR3000 Big Dog

He should pull through,but from time to time the spot where he got bit at may leak.We have an old boy that went through that,was saved by a good man that knew his stuff,he still acts like a pup.Cut your boy seems to have a strong well,good luck with him,he'll be ok

12. short1

short1 Big Dog

hope the dog is all right just wondering is that an alligator bred dog? nice looking dog

13. cutt

cutt CH Dog

Yeah, hes a direct son off PARK SON ; hes a big dog

14. short1

short1 Big Dog

I thought so good looking boy

15. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

WOW!! what did they give him for the bite , or what did they do ?:confused:
    In Alberta they have rattle snakes Too. I go out that way a lot!! they are worse in the coolies/ravines.
    :(

16. cutt

cutt CH Dog

I beleieve they gave a lil DEX, some agricillin and some other anitbodies (unsure). Plent of fluids , plenty of care.

17. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Thanks never hurts to know in case your far away from vet help ,or Know what you can do to slow the poisons. Especially if you hunt in remote areas!

18. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

GOD DAM lucky i dont live where I have to worry about snakes. Hope he pull threw. So the next time wont hurt him as much.

19. Ginny

Ginny Pup

Dang - sorry to hear about your friend's dog. I to live in rattlesnake country and worry. Just a FYI - Did you know there was rattlesnake shots you can get? The Vets by me started to give them about 3 years ago. They aren't a guarantee, but they help build the dogs resistance against the venom and increase the chances of survival. They aren't cheap - mine run $50 per shot. First time administered requires 2 shots - then just an annual booster. My dogs have been getting them every year since the Vets started offering them.

In my area they appear to be working. My Vet recently had a dog rushed it with 3 bites - head, side, leg - and survived.

20. Ricky1969

Ricky1969 Big Dog

i would go to the feed store and get some penicillin and give 2 cc`s in the mouth one if my dogs looked like that and after giving him penicillin the next day it went back down he was just fine