1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

raw feeding

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by powder925, Jul 7, 2010.

1. beanieman

beanieman Banned

that's not my dog but her sister and that was a little goat :D

2. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

I tried giving my dog some ground up goat last night and he wanted nothing to do with it first meat he ever turned his nose up at

3. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Hey, I'm not going to put down anybody for feeding what and how they have to feed. If kibble works for your dogs, your time constraints and your budget,...more power to ya. But when a dumbassed dogfood salesman who wouldn't know shit, even if he couldn't smell it, starts preaching about how much better kibble is than chicken I really have to wonder what the fuck he's smoking,...and more importanly how can I get some. Seriously, what does he think they make dried kibble out of? Just because they use feathers, feet, beaks, innards and the rest of the processing plant leftovers to make their superior protein source, and I prefer to use backs and whole birds, does he really think that shit is so much better that what I'm feeding. Oh right...right.....they add back the vitamins that the blast furnace cooks out. I forgot.

4. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

Here is the meal that I fed to my dog 10 minutes ago
    [​IMG]

and here is the dog that ate it
    [​IMG]

5. wheezie

wheezie Big Dog

could other raw feeders please post up a sample menu of what they feed in a given week?

6. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

here is the list hanging on my fridge (I roughly follow it depending whats thawed out)

monday: chicken necks,organ mix,green tripe
    tuesday: chicken day (necks and quarters)
    wednesday: chicken necks, red meat, egg
    thursday: chicken necks, organ mix, green tripe
    friday: chicken day (necks and quarters)
    saturday: chicken necks, red meat, egg
    sunday: chicken necks, ground turkey

supliments: grizzlys salmon oil, natures pharmacy kelp, Braggs apple cyder vinegar

1lb 2oz - 1lb 4oz a day in meat

7. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

dirty d where did you get the apple cider and how much and how often do you give it?

8. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

9. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

10. Zeuceone

Zeuceone Pup

I mix my cider with water and the dog just chugs it.

11. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

i put mine right in the food that way I know the whole dose was consumed with the meal

12. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

sounds good I like that it's organic too ;)

13. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

its a new one for my dog but so far so good

14. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

i feed 1 leg quarter a cut of acheap steak and a raw egg,some days rice or yogurt,peas,carrots.and everother day they get dry dog food.+always picking up t bones with meat mostly already cut off.

15. shake

shake Banned

Start them as a pup ?:)

16. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

I didn't switch mine to raw until she was a little over a year but she didn't have a problem having the switch :D

17. beanieman

beanieman Banned

Yes you can start as a pup.

18. beanieman

beanieman Banned

pups on tripe
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    i starded with meat, the added chicken neks because they have to learn to eat it with bone and by the time my pup is 8 weeks old it wil be eating anything.
    real funny if you have a litter and give them chicken hearts LOL.
    soccer time is on !.
    To bad i didn't had a video cam

19. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

I started my dog on raw when he was 7 months or so

20. beanieman

beanieman Banned

This is the first litter that grown up on raw and Aileen had it since she's a pup but before i used to give them kibble.
    But once you feed them raw and see how they act and respond to it and see that it save you tons of shit too, you do not want to give them kibble again.