1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

real dogmen quotes..just for fun

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by lockjaw, Jul 7, 2007.

1. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

what are some old dogmen quotes........
    He ain't got to be pretty on the chain when he's beautiful in the box....Freddy Bowling

A good dog is just that a good one no matter where he came from....Clyde Mason

Call him a rough Cur if you want I call him a winner....Ricky Jones

He ain't got to be great just better than the other .... Randy Fox

2. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

"Never buy a dog from a man that makes his living selling dogs" Ralph Greenwood

3. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

i would have to go with always say what you mean and mean what you say and that came from Bobby ''Dave'' Lewis.it is hard to find folks that do that anymore.

4. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

mr.mason..Many great dogs rotted on the chain because of the great dogmen that went after easier fish.

mr.carver......a man is intitled to one good woman and one good dog in a lifetime.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2007
  5. Papers make no dog the dog makes the papers . Good dogs are were you find them. Help me out who said this?:confused:

6. GREAT...hmmm...I already had a good dog... :D

7. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

Joe Medlin...." I like a dog that don't mind dieing".....J.K.Deal Kennels

8. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

love this!

9. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

about Honeybunch written by Irish Jerry

"I nodded to them as I pushed my shopping cart loaded with Ole Roy by them as my mind went to remembering the great CHAMPION HONEYBUNCH R.O.M." (Irish Jerry)

10. About Adams' Gr Ch Zebo ROM:

"There is no substitute." (Lonzo Pratt)

A short phrase, but it says everything. :D

11. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

I've heard it from several people, so can't say a name of who said it first -

"Don't be surprised when they quit; be surprised when they don't."

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2007
  12. oldschool

oldschool Big Dog

" Never give 'em your secret recipe." James Crenshaw 1988

He said that to me ,then tried to sell me a dog. LOL

13. Mypitspal

Mypitspal Pup

"This is a game about a man and his true understanding of nature, where the law of nature is kill or be killed" spoken by the late great Don Mayfield

14. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

“A man that will argue a dog’s worth on paper is a disgrace to a good, Game dog!” Earl Tudor

I'm in the business of selling soup not the recipes...Maurice Carver

You gotta Cull your women just like you do them dogs
    I aint betting my dog is gamer then yours Im betting that he beat you in the pit.....both by Bert S.

"Ted don't Piss down my back and tell me it is raining" D.M. Norrod.

" if you cannot understand quality of your dog in 15 minutes it is better if you change hobby"b.hall

"Don't teach them how to lose,it's a lesson they will never forget" Jack Kelly.

15. Keep em coming....its realy fun:)

16. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."

"if your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." all by unknown

17. highspeed

highspeed Pup

Ha! So true! I've always said that if a child or a dog is fat, it's a sure bet the parents or owners are too.

18. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Breeding game dogs, at times gets like chasing a shadow. I'm sure no one has a strain of all game dogs.

Most people who THINK they have, don't even roll their dogs. A local breeder came by here a while back and asked how many dogs I had. I said 30.

Then I pointed to O'neal's old stud dog Tony, who was here then, and said I sure wish 4 or 5 of them were as game as that old guy.

He raised his eye-brows, and said "ALL OF MINE ARE GAME."

- I never saw him give one a chance to prove different

By Mr. Heinzl

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2007
  19. I really like that one!

20. Roadman Jr.

Roadman Jr. Guest

I called him a sooner,because the sooner it's dead the better! by Roadman Jr.