1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Real Dogmen?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Prowess, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Prowess

Prowess Pup

Yeah so Hey guys and gals. Im up here in Alaska. Im known as good guy up here in the Mountains and in the thin air, dogs have real good wind when they come down to your level there in the 48...they breath thin all their life up here going when their and they breath like a vacuum...forever...air tanks for lungs. REal good thing for being up here. I have good dogs that have come from everywhere such as Russia, Washington(ST), North Caroilna, Europe, and many other USA States and other Countries...several lines...I have 22 Game bred APBTs right now on my yard, 15 Alaskans and 4 sleds and 3 snow mobiles and 1 truck...lol...life story...they live outside year round and I get Canidae for the most part and have been known to feed Raw once in a while if done properly but I like that good kibble. I think this site is very well balanced so far but I dont know how many dogmen are around and how people are around here yet...from the front page it looks like Jeep dogs are liked a lot around here and from some posts and pics in the gallery too, those look like Jeep dogs to me up on the front page. I like Jeep dogs. I have 4 of them and some crosses with them too. I like import dogs the best from some other countries, I noticed they mix well with good USA stock, I was born in Alaska but Russia is only a little while away and all the dogs from that side of the world make it here...they are very well bred for gameness...over on that side of the world they are more free to do everything... USA is not FREE anymore everyone is communist and liars and fakes it seems...especially in the lower 48....here there is nobody you dont know is real...no strangers period... just wild mountains and cold weather and beautiful land, the love for game dogs is very well alive in the mountains here. I like the way my Mayday dogs mix with some of the Phillipine dogs and Russian dogs and American lines too...I have some crossed dogs I have been breeding for a real game package in the below 50 range 35-50 for me...but I have several real game 65-70 lb dogs too they are real good to use too for new crosses as long as you only use game dogs...Im real strict in my beliefs and only look for health and gameness and proper care and everything else first before breeding and I dont breed often....Anyhow I look forward to see what people here are like and I hope to meet a lot of real dogmen like me. What do people have here for lines and who is only strictly into gamedogs? Id like to get to meet everyone.

2. CB

CB CH Dog

Welcome to the site man. Sounds like you have some nice dogs. How much land you got for that many dogs. I know you can get alot of land over in that cold ass place. Well enjoy your stay here at gamedog.

3. FireBone

FireBone Big Dog

Hi and welcome to the site. I don't have any dogs right now considering I cleared off the yard a little ago, and I just moved out to Arizona.

4. Prowess

Prowess Pup

Cool yeah, Thanks, I look forward to meeting all the guys dedicated to the true game dogs and that arent liars and people who just make stuff up to sound cool or have those wannabe APBTs that arent game bred. I have 198 Acres I own and probably 1,000,000 I could do whatever I wanted in until I went on someone elses property... So what kind of lines people run around here and whos a game dog lover like me. I want to meet some people who might want to help me and my org with BSL and Rescue? I run a rescue for all kinds of animals in California and am active for good non game related things too. I want to meet everyone to save our breed and do everything to preserve its gameness too. Im here to help in any way I can and be a member that can learn from the other dogmen here.

5. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY,PROWESS.SO FAR YOU SEEM TO HAVE A FEW SMARTS.;) THAT'S A GOOD THING.LOL.THE SITE IS A GREAT PLACE TO CONVENE WITH FELLOW DOGGERS,AND THERE IS A LOAD OF INFORMATION, KNOWLEDGE, ADVICE,AND EVEN SOME ENTERTAINMENT. PLEASE NOTE OUR RULES AND REGULATIONS,AND POST ACCORDINGLY.WE HAVE HAD SOME ISSUES WITH NEW MEMBERS WHO DID NOT PAY ATTENTION TO START.KEEP A LEVEL HEAD,EVEN WHEN OTHERS DON'T,AND YOU'LL ENJOY YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE.PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE,AND OF COURSE,BE PREPARED FOR SOME CRITICISM.THIS IS A GAMEDOG SITE ,PREDOMINANTLY,BUT WE WELCOME ALL DOG FANCIERS.WE LOVE APPRECIATE AND POSITIVELY PROMOTE OUR BREED,BUT A LOT OF OUR KNOWLEDGE CAN BENEFIT ANY DOG OWNER. PLEASE BROWSE OUR FORUMS AND ARTICLES AND LET OUR STAFF KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY WE CAN HELP YOU.

6. Prowess

Prowess Pup

Thank you for taking the time and the energy to write such kind words on my behalf. That is a good way to make me feel welcome to the site....I was just nervous I put up bad things? In another thread it sounded like dogmen were banned or something about that, I am re reading it now in a second to read all the posts and make sure I wasnt talking bad when I posted about game dogs. I want to follow the rules...I read all the rules twice.

7. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

I used to fish in Alaska. I miss those monster storms out at sea. You know, the 60-foot waves and the 100-mile-an-hour winds that blow people off the ship deck? The storms that last 10 days and toss your boat around so much that when you aren't in your bunk humming the theme song from Gilligan's Island, you're on your knees in the head, praying to Porcelain John, lol. Damn, that is so much fun. I was also involved in a near-crash of a 737 in Dutch Harbor back in '98. The pilot barely pulled out of it, but the weather was too bad to land and we were low on gas. Ended up having to make an emergency landing on a little bitty runway in Cold Bay. Scary stuff. Alaska: the land of adventure. I really do miss the adrenaline.

I've seen some good dogs come down from Alaska. Welcome to the site, Prowess.

8. Prowess

Prowess Pup

Thanks Rockstar nice to meet you. Very much so. Which area did you get your dogs from Alaska? I am pretty familiar with Dog people up here. We all know each other. Were you crab fishing or for salmon or what? I use to fish but only for me and the local fish market (175mi away) for extra money. Yes Alaska is adventurous. You got that right.

9. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

I know doggers in Homer, Fairbanks, and Ketchikan. The best Alaskan dog I ever dealt with was a 55-pound Mayday male from the Fairbanks area. Helluva dog. I hear there are some good dogs being run in the Anchorage area as well.

Crab, pollock, and cod in the winter. Salmon in the summer. Big money during pollock season, due to the eggs.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2005
  10. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Welcome Prowess,enjoy the site.
    We use the Clouse/Mayfield line.Also have a GOOD Carver based male.
    A little bit of Stonewall/Komosinski stuff and a touch of Chinaman.
    LOL sounds like I'm baking a cake LMAO

11. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

welcome my dream has always been to visit alaska it seems like its the only place left in the US that u can get away from people welcome and enjoy

12. Prowess

Prowess Pup

Thanks guys I appreciate it...

13. Prowess

Prowess Pup

Yeah im way up North near the outer top bank...about 7 miles from the ocean, lots of good fishing my way and unlimited hunting, I know a lot of people in the big cities especially in Fairbanks and Anchorage, lots of good dogs up there. And yeah pollock is real popular here, everyone enjoys their eggs like a snack, caviar as a snack, hehehe, well if you caught it its kinda free....

14. CB

CB CH Dog

Man i wish i can go to alaska sounds nice up there. Whats the tempature up there.

15. DEADGAME14

DEADGAME14 Big Dog

since you have sooo many acres, i would be much obliged to take 3 or four off of your hands :). that is a dream come true!!! especially when you live out here in crappy california.but anyhoo welcome to the forum and have a great time here there are some great individuals here.

16. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Hey Prowess! Welcome to the site! My best friend of 25 yrs lives in Anchorage now. (but I must add that she is pure Louisiana girl & always will be). I posted some pics of my last Alaska trips in my gallery for some people here to see. I love it there! Where exactly in AK are you? d

17. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

Welcome Prowess be careful of what you ask or say because not everyone on this site are real dog men. I know you said that your dogs breath thin air up there and when you come down they can go forever but can they take our 90-105 degree heat?

18. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

I like the Mayday line as well. I just recently purchased a young dog that is Grandson to Gr Ch Lukane. I hope he turns out.

19. CRD

CRD Big Dog

Just Remember.....

20. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

welcome to the community!