1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Respect...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by B, Jun 21, 2005.

1. B

B CH Dog

There are good dog folks from all walks of life. You don't have to listen to a certain kind of music or talk a certain way... you have to treat your dogs with respect, treat your fellow dogger with respect (as long as he observes the first), and treat yourself with respect.

Respecting your dogs... obviously feeding, watering, cleaning, exercising, but just as important... treating them like dogs and not machines, and socializing them with people. Obviously not selling them to anyone with some greenbacks in your face.

Respecting you fellow dogger... treating their dogs with respect because we all have whatever we have because we believe in it, remain courteous and respectful even if you don't take home the trophy, and last but not least remain honest with the people you deal with.

Respecting yourself... don't do drugs, don't abuse animals, don't lie to the folks you deal with and lastly but most important, don't lie to yourself.

If we all observed these simple "qualities" we wouldn't be in the current predicament we are with these dogs. Respecting your dogs is finding a respectable home for them. That is your responsibility to make sure the person your dog is going to is capable of caring for such a multifaceted animal. We're literally are the means to our own destruction and half of us can't take our heads out of our you know whats and realize it. I don't know if it is because they don't care or just can't figure it out but some things need to change if anyone plans to enjoy this breed and possibly pass it on to the next generation.

Kind Regards,

B

the_flamingo and misterdogman like this.
  2. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

great post bnd how true this is

3. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

Great B.Keep it going.

4. EliDogs

EliDogs Pup

Great post, I hope everyone follows this cuz i know I will.

5. alot of people can learn from this post!

6. Marty

Marty Guest

Thanks BND, very good post.
    Words to live by dont lie, cheat,or steal...these three seem to go hand & hand :(
    Always respect your fellow man :)

7. DEADGAME14

DEADGAME14 Big Dog

dont forget "dont use drugs" lol

8. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Good post, B:)

9. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I remember you telling me the other day that something hit a nerve with you when I mentioned some things about the way some kids treat their dogs these days...not only did you keep the thought in your mind and prevent it from fading away but you turned what was obviously burning in your belly into a point beyond comparison..."If we all observed these simple "qualities" we wouldn't be in the current predicament we are with these dogs".
    I guess we also would have more people like us to help us with this battle and it would be a lot easier if they were even barely similar to you and your thinking...Truely a great post...JK

10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Great post, BnD. "Gentlemen" and "ladies" nowadays seem few & far between. I just printed this out to give to my fellow gamedog friends. Excellent message.

11. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

excellent post, great insite!!

12. Camo

Camo Pup

Touche. Great post.

13. Camo

Camo Pup

I apologize to the forum about my comments in another thread. I let something get to me and had a flash back....lol. BnD awesome post.

14. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Great post. IMO that is the biggest thing wrong surrounding the dogs. Many of the ladies and gentlemen have been replaced with thugs, conmen and others of that type. It seems the whole scene has disintegrated into something completely else. What happened to being honest, good sportsmanship, etc.?

15. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

This is an excellent post.I was walking my dog the other day and this little kid came up to me asking if he could pet my dog and I said sure he wont bite.The little kid asked me if anyone hits my dog I said no I treat my dog like a dog should be treated.He said he see's people hitting there dogs all the time and I told him dont ever treat your dog like that.thats no way to treat a dog.He just smiled and went on his way.

16. 440rider

440rider Guest

IMO if you possess those qualities and surrounding yourself with those of the same qualities you will come out light years ahead of the rest in all ways of life!
    Good Post B&D

17. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

FIRST OFF BND THIS WAS A GREAT POST. CRASH DONT FOR GET MOTHERS AND FATHERS DONT TEACH MORALS ANY MORE.