1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

RIP: Fury

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by mexifunk, Jan 9, 2006.

1. mexifunk

mexifunk Pup

He broke his front leg rough housing with the other animals. Our vet said it would need surgery to set the bone right, we took him in for tests and everything came back clear. We agreed to the surgery, and left our little man with the vet. Later that afternoon we got a call that he had "just stopped breathing" during the operation and there was "nothing they could do." Fury was easily one of the best dogs I ever owned, and we will miss him. I know Honey already does.

Attached Files:

2. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

OMG I'm so sorry. That's awful.

3. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

thats a hard one to take,,I am very sorry for your loss

4. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Trully sorry for your loss. They are only words, but I hope they help. He will be watching over all of you I'm sure.

5. jankab

jankab Top Dog

My condolences on your loss.

6. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

My deepest sympathies.

7. apbtluver

apbtluver Top Dog

I'm sorry to hear that. I know it must be rough on you.

8. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

I'm so sorry! My thoughts are with you.

9. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I'm so sorry. :( Unfortunately, the prelim tests which test for kidney/liver function mainly, just don't always verify a "safe" surgery. It's possible there was some sort of underlying cardiac (heart and circulatory) problem as that is usually the case. No matter what, it's tough but at least he was one of the forutnate ones to have a good life while he was on this Earth. My condolences.

10. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

you did what you could always remember that. sorry for your loss.

11. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

Sounds kinda fishy to me you went in for leg surgery and he stop breathing hhmmmmm. My friend one time took his dog in for a similar situation the dog died because the vet couldnt bring him back out of anesthesia and apparently over dosed him.

12. Stickynote

Stickynote Big Dog

Truly sorry to hear about your loss.

13. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

Poor thing you. My thoughts are with you. "RIP"

14. sorry to hear

15. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

My previous quote:
    Sometimes, just sometimes, mistakes are made. However, in almost all of the cases, their was an underlying cardiac problem that caused the complications & the death. We had a case once where the dog was just knocked out at a low dose (but was on gas) just to stitch up a wound & that dog went into cardiac arrest. Unfortunately, we couldn't get him back....he was only a year old. HOWEVER, we do a necropsy on ALL sx deaths (we've only had 3 in the past 3 yrs & all had an underlying problem that was uanble to be forseen--we also do on average 20 various types of surgeries a day mind you), & this one showed that the dog had a left ventricular abnormality--the dog would've died early as it was. Were we at fault? No. Was the owner at fault? No. Sometimes nature just has the upper hand.

16. Suki

Suki Guest

"Sometimes, just sometimes, mistakes are made. However, in almost all of the cases, their was an underlying cardiac problem that caused the complications & the death."

well put. It's not the norm, more the exception, but this DOES happen. Last week, we lost a pet, due to underlying heart problems...it happens. When a human or animal "goes under", there's ALWAYS a risk, sadly, ...

I'm VERY sorry about your loss. I wish the outcome had been better. Again, sorry, ...

17. laurenmichelle

laurenmichelle Big Dog

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

18. pitbulllvr25

pitbulllvr25 Big Dog

Very sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family. You all will be in prayers.

19. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

20. Judy

Judy CH Dog

Sorry for your loss.