1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

RIP Naja and Sun

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by njchmin, Jan 22, 2006.

1. njchmin

njchmin Big Dog

I know thier not pits. Well sun was half pit but they are both greatly missed.

Naja passed last Saturday. He was a month away from turning 15. He was a husky/chow mix. He was poisioned by one of my neighbors.

Today i had to bury Sun. She was pregnant and about 3 weeks away from delivering. She got loose on me this morning with her brother Porky. They were out running the neighborhood for about 3-4 hours. Porky came back and hes doing fine. I saw Sun about 150 feet from the house heading away from it. She stopped and sat down. I put Pork in the house and i went to find a leash to bring her in.

When i got up to her she had collapsed on the ground already. She was breathing heavy, having seizures and her eyes were dialated. I brought her in and held her while she passed. She was to far gone to do anything for. She died about 10 minutes after i got her into the house.

Sun was poisioned by the same neighbor im guessing. He told me last week that one of strays that runs around the neighborhood bit his kid. We think he is trying to kill that one dog.

God help him if i find out hes the one that killed my two dogs. Naja i had for 8 years and he was my best friend. Sun i had since she was 2 weeks old and she was only a 1 1/2 when she died. Neither one ever bit anyone. Neither one was agressive in anyway. Neither one had to die in such nasty ways.

I will get back the person who did this. My dogs will not have die in vain.

2. kgip2k

kgip2k Guest

sorry to hear the news.

3. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

People listen-you dont care for your dogs and you let them escape and run around-expect the worst to happen! I'm terribly sorry your dogs had to die such terrible deaths because of your ignorance.

4. Suki

Suki Guest

...sorry to hear of such sad news. NO animal DESERVES to be poisoned.

5. LONGHORNS

LONGHORNS Big Dog

sorry about that.

6. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

IT IS ILLEGAL IN EVERY STATE TO POISON ANIMALS. all you have to do is show where he id knowingly leaving toxic chemiclas out and he can and will be sited. these substances such as antifreeze can be ingested by children and pets. Find the source and your neighbor get a free ticket to the court room for reckless endangerment etc etc. you cant let your dogs out and you have to train all animals to come on command. i wont own a dog who wont return on a whistle. i am sorry however you lost your pets i had a neighbor poison mine and they were in the yard. my dog lived but the cats didnt your a more forgiving person that i am to this day if that man sees me in public he heads for his car.

7. DnCs

DnCs Pup

sorry to here of your losses its all ways hard . did i read this right sun was pregnant at 1 1/2 yrs old ?

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Yup :( 1 1/ 2 and only 3 weeks away from whelping a litter.

9. simms

simms CH Dog

God help him if i find out hes the one that killed my two dogs. Naja i had for 8 years and he was my best friend. Sun i had since she was 2 weeks old and she was only a 1 1/2 when she died. Neither one ever bit anyone. Neither one was agressive in anyway. Neither one had to die in such nasty ways.

I will get back the person who did this. My dogs will not have die in vain.

They died by "your" hand, don't blame your nieghbor for your lack of control and responsibilty for your pets....you didn't learn with the first one?

3-4 hrs, you say? and this nieghbor lives just down the rd...did you even go look for them?

Your dog's were running a muck and most likely being a menace....

I can't say that I sympathise or even empathise with you on this...Poisoning is a terrible fate for a animal, however you should be thankfull that it was just that and you didn't end up with a law suit on your hands.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2006
  10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

So true.

I'm sorry for your dogs' that they had to live & die in the manner that they did. But you wanting to get "justice" is just like someone wanting to sue the person driving the car that hit their dog which just happened to be running down the middle of the street.

When some people see that others cannot maintain control of their own animals, they feel the need to do it for them. As sad as it may seem, simms is right that we are ALL lucky their will be no headlines in the paper tomorrow.

11. I would have given him/her a few days to heal before coming out with the truth.

I am sorry about your dogs dying. I hope your post saves the lives of many others who's owners do not confine their dogs.

12. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Sorry for your loss.

You cannot blame anyone for purposely poisoning your pets unless they were poisoned on your property. A common poison used in gardens is slugbait which tastes like dogfood. Free roaming dogs will eat or drink anything they find and it was not neccesarily intentional.

13. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

yes,,they shouldn't of been running loose,,the dogs paid a terrible price for that,,but,,accidently hitting a dog with a car,,is way more different then purposely poisoning them,,this is animal cruelty,,if proven they should be charged,,to many ppl get away with this kind of stuff,,in this country we have humane standards that every company in the animal business has to follow and that goes for individuals to,,its not the animals fault. and the people that torture them need to be punished.

14. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Sounds like you are a bit irresponsible. Letting your mix get pregnant. Letting them roam around far enough to get poisoned. I have no sympathy or empathy for you because it is people like you that give responsible dog owners a bad name. Next time you'll chain your dogs up, fix them and maybe (because of you) this wouldn't happen. Just think because of you negligence you killed 2 dogs and 1-10 puppies.

I'm sorry the dogs had to die.