1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Royal Canin and more ..

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by cope8870, Aug 28, 2007.

1. cope8870

cope8870 Pup

well i decided to try royal canin. i was going to try tw since everyone on here loves it but couldnt find it. i have my mastif/dane on the royal canin large breed, my male english bulldog is eating royal canin bulldog 24, my female who is 6 months eatin the royal canin puppy and my favorite my pit is also eating the r/c puppy.. i was wondering if anyone here has tried this food if so how was it.
    also i was wanting to also use some human food like eggs or cottage cheese into there diets .. what would the best why to do this

2. i didnt like it at all.

my female was higly allergic to it. broke out into hives everytime she would just eat one bite..

i have her on canidae havent had anyproblem

3. PrNc

PrNc Pup

Royale Canin Enegy 4300 it's very decent dog food especially for short intensive and moderate exercise!

4. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

out here in brazil i use royal canin and like it..if i was in the U.S. timberwolf ,candae, or innova would be a better choice...also rednose apbt's and american bullys tend to have skin allergys so becareful..eggs and cottage cheese are good because it adds a little fat and protein to the diet..but may cause dog to become picky.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2007
  5. keystone

keystone CH Dog

use royale canine for 25 years now ..on the moment its called 4300
    from birth til dead

6. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I use R/C giant breed kibble as a snack I give cause of kibble size (and I got bag free) because of a situation that I am acquiring many dry kibble food these days, I can tell you I have been studying ingredient list and trying dif kibble foods
    I’m sure many people like and have good luck with RC foods,
    Still if you compare ingredients (as with all dog foods) well the ING doesn’t lie, I still see more in common with any RC foods compared to Purina, I know it’s not the same but if I look at the ingredients and see a basic composition similar to corn based foods I feel it’s all about the same, Some RC foods are very expensive $60 for corn and wheat kibble food, many dogs can eat with no issues. I believe if your dog eats RC with zero issues then I bet you could use almost any corn base dog kibble with same results at fraction of price. Considering you are spending a premium price for RC I know and believe you can find better food for same price or less!!

7. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

well to add little balance, as others have stated they like it, ill state i did not like it at all.....................on paper it seemed like the perfect food.......contained just about all i needed and then some......but it seemed to go through the animal , implying it was to rich in supposed essential ingredients......it reminded me of a bodybuilding supplement, all hype ....dont over play the diet....keep it simple and nutritious.
    remember dog food is an INDUSTRY.$$$$$$$$£££££££:D

8. bauer

bauer Top Dog

Kibble its all processed food, you should feed your dogs raw....

9. Royal Canin is a lot of hype in my opinion, but if it works for your dogs go for it.

For the record, you won't find Taste of the Wild (I think that is what you meant by TW - but if you meant Timber Wolf the same goes for that food) in mainstream pet stores like PetCo, Petsmart, etc. You will need to go to a agricultural feed store or a more mom and pop type pet store usually to find it.