1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

scales

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by gog123, Feb 24, 2010.

1. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

Got some hanging scales but can no longer use my garage. Would of been ideal as it had large beams above where we had a springpole set up. I have tried using the scales on where my jackets indoors are hangd but the dog bloody pushes of the door so its nearly impossible to get a weight.

Now im not made of money but plan to show dogs one day. Just trying to learn to condition now and want to do things properly. Will these scales be ok ; salter brecknall ws120 bench scales. Was looking at using them same way bill uses the scales in dogman 2000. Will these scales be ok?

2. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

If your fairly stout and have a extra person there to eye ball it just hook the dog up and lift him up off the ground. You can use the scales you have that way and save your money. I used to lift them hooked up all the time and my wife or a friend would tell me what it said, But if I had to do it by myself I could still look and get a accurate reading.

3. AGame

AGame CH Dog

yea its pretty easy just to lift em hooked already assuming u dont have a catch weight dog lol

4. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

hangers work good for me most of the time i have my wife eye it for me.

5. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

build an over sized saw horse.....

[​IMG]

but about 5-6' tall, then you can move it out of the way, when not in use, may need some supports to anchor the bottom so its not shaky tho.... but just screw each leg, to each corner piece of plywood(whatever size, as long as it reaches all legs at least)

It will just be sturdier anyway.
    ;)

just an idea.........

6. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Good thinking Buck.

7. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

;) that how you think when your pinchin pennies:D

8. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Nothing wrong with that, Sure beats my way I used to do it.

You ever get that Jenny sorted out?

9. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I built the first one , almost killed B ...was close! metal flyin every whichway, but I'll post picks of the new material i'm using in its thread
    ;)

10. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Oh ok,

Glad nobody got hurt.

11. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

People can come up with some good stuff when penny pinching lol I know I have

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2010
  12. CTG

CTG Big Dog

all you need is a tree branch and some rope to tie to the end of this pic and a calf sling that fits under the belly
    [​IMG]

13. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog