1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Scratchin problem

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by CB, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Is she spayed? Doesn't quite look like a marking, but I'm no merle expert.

2. CB

CB CH Dog

3. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Hahahaha, you got me laughing pretty good there. I cant quit crying I am laughing so hard. Got me off guard after a long day,lol thanks for the laugh. I'll dig up some info on the barf diet for you, i found a very informative site awhile back that explained it all.......I'll either pm it to you or post the link here when I find it.

4. CB

CB CH Dog

She's not spayed YET. But rock post it on here because i might be interested.

5. Marty

Marty Guest

Heres one...
    http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5552

6. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Oh cool---thanks---that'd be great. I've read some stuff, but it sounds like a bad science experiment, and like something you don't want next to your waffles.

Carolinaboy---My guy did not have these problems as a pup, but he is also less merle than your girl. I think my guy was suppose to be one of those ever popular, dazzling blue guys whose heads look to big for their bodies---instead, he's a little disaster. :)

Your girl is sooo cute. That belly!!!

7. CB

CB CH Dog

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

9. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

and I see Marty offering help. Thanks much.

You guys aren't coming in to abuse me over my merle are you? : (
    I'm a rescue gal, ya know.

10. CB

CB CH Dog

LoL you should be pround of your merle. Just like im pround of mine i dont care what color she is. Its whats on the inside.

11. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Hey, all kidding aside, this has been really, really helpful.

Thanks much all!!

12. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Oh, I love my little merle. He is the best. His lifes ambition is to protect me, (very un-pitty), and I'm sure he'd love to chase a hog, (being part Catahoula), but then I'd have to "save" it, so . . .

13. CB

CB CH Dog

Im still wanting to hear what the problem is. I know your out there tex help me out a little.

14. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

“Texasbulldogs---I've tried Canidae, Chicken Soup, Nutro, Innova/Evo, etc.”
    You’ve tried each of them for a 3-4 month period of time?

“But the bumps that i said that look like pimples are there.”
    From the picture it does appear your pup’s undercoat skin is in fact pink, unless it’s just the picture? Being how it’s belly and the white patch on its chest has a pink tint to it. On the pimples does it drain puss? <O:p</O:p

15. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Well, seems possibly the food, for one . . .

16. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Okay I am going to ask Texasbulldogs and Miakoda for their opinions on this as well. Miakoda has vet experience and from my 4-1/2 hours of reading through this forum about diet and dog food - Texasbulldogs knows his stuffs.

Texasbulldogs - Yes, both of my dogs have "pink" skin. Petey actually burns in the sun sometimes.

Carolinaboy - your dog looks like she has a staph infection. The pictures you posted look EXACTLY like the rash my female Birdie has. In the same exact place too. I bet she gets it worse in the little vertical crease in the center of her lower tummy.

Except we don't have the black marks. They look like bruises almost. I downloaded the picture - opened it in photoshop, sharpened the image a bit and zoomed in on that area.

I am going to venture to say that she is probably allergic to SOMETHING in her environment, which has resulted in a rash. A combination of her itching and her bodies reaction permitted a staph infection.

From my own recent experience with this, I am inclined to say that since she has no environmental changes, then maybe it's her food. I am in the process of phasing out the garbage dog food that my dogs eat and phasing them into a better food.

That needs to be treated with an antibiotic. Birdie weighs 53lb. and our vet gave her 500mg of Cephalexin. Petey weighs 74lb. & he got 750mg of Cephalexin.

You should take her to the vet.

I am going to continue with my observations in another post, so they're aren't horrific to read.

17. CB

CB CH Dog

It looks kinda pink cuz she was scratching before i took the picture and i guess it got pink but other then that it looks normal. But the bumps didnt drain nothing and they cleared away but now that black stuff is there where the bumps were.

18. pitlver

pitlver Pup

IF YOU CAN SPEND MONEY TRYING DIFFERENT KINDS OF FOOD THEN WHY CAN'T YOU SACRIFICE ALITTLE AND TAKE YOUR DOG TO THE VET.

19. CB

CB CH Dog

What is staph infection. And how much you think the vet bill will be around because id ont have alot of money right now. But should i just change her food and wait a couple weeks and see how it goes and if it dont work ill take her to the vet immeditaly.

20. CB

CB CH Dog

I just posted that i will but iw ould like to change her food first before taking her to the vet and paying out of the ass for a 10$ medication that they give me.And i got 200$ saved up for vet EMERGENCY's and i been adding to that money every week and i just started it 2 weeks ago.