1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Settle an arguement ! (Pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by NC, Jun 11, 2007.

1. NC

NC CH Dog

Ok so my wife has been worrying the piss out of me about Angel's weight.. My wife says she's too skinny and is after me to feed her more. I am trying to explain to her that Angel is going to be a small dog. Angel's parents are on the smaller side the dam being 42 chain, 38 show weight, Sire looks to be about the same give or take a few pounds. Angel is 8 months old right now is at 35lbs. Here's a few pics I took of her... So settle this arguement.. is she too skinny?

These are stillwater collars and she's chasing a Boogieman's hide! (plug for my boys!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. toddrock

toddrock Big Dog

She looks fine to me!!! Good looking dog.

3. bigcespits

bigcespits Big Dog

Looks very good to me also.Keep up the good work.

4. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Cant really tell from the pics. From what I see, I wouldnt say shes too skinny at all.

I get it from everyone all the time "that dog is too skinny!!" is a common thing for ignorant people to say. Shit, my own GF overfeeds my dogs cause in her "expert" :rolleyes: opinion some are too skinny.

Just when I start getting one to a nice weight, I come home to fat stomachs.:mad:

5. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Going by the pictures she looks fine...Going by your discription, she sounds like she is fine...I would say your wife is worrying too much.

6. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

WOW she is stunning!!!! she looks perfect!!!

7. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

don't even worry about it, everyone around me kept saying oh man ur dog is too skinny, when in reality he had room to loose another few pounds to get to a conditioned weight. People that don't deal with bulldogs, aren't used to seeing dogs in that shape. Shoot my GF has too sloppy fat labs that can barely make it up the steps, and they think thats ok. Its the american way of thinking, bigger is better, well im sorry to say that is so not true. She looks great man keep doin what ur doin
    Also because ur pup is around 8 months old she is most likely going through that lanky stage, most dogs go through that and then they start to fill out a little later

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  8. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

looks optimal

9. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Isn't that the truth...When my Dad first saw Tess, he was like "isn't she too small?" And I said, "well, she was the runt of her litter, but weight and length wise she is pretty much the ave. APBT size."...He couldn't believe it. Notch our Amstaff is a bit taller than her, but even he isn't that "heavy". He's 50lbs, and Tess is 39lbs.

10. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

look at a track runner and look at a sumo wrestler..the dog looks fine to me just like a track runner..i was going to do a blue dog joke but never mind;)

11. NC that dog looks great to me! i can't wait to see her in person when you come to the KY show....lol hint hint! tell her my lizzy is almost 11 months and is only 41 lbs. bronson is 2 days younger than her and is 44 lbs. hopefully if she could come here and look around a bit she could see and be educated some.

good luck and don't lose this arguement with her! lol ;)

i got them 1 1/2" 4 ply show collars from stillwater too. i love em and would highly recommend them to anyone!

them sure are some nice hides too! lol

12. NC

NC CH Dog

Thanks Boog, and everyone else for the nice comments.. I don't allow her on here..lol.. (man, the ladies are gonna bust my chops for that one..lol) But this is my thing, I get my cave time on here. And you can see her when you come to the ADBA show in NC in November..lol hint hint... I'll try the KY show depending on when and where it is and how long of a drive it is.. and I'll keep my eye out for SC, and VA shows.

13. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Hey, if you got to a NC show, let me know...I'll try to get to that one.

14. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

i don't see anything wrong with her either.tell her if she is concerned that it is normal to see a couple of the dogs ribs.as long as there is a thin covering of fat and nice muscle mass the dog is in top shape.tell her she is cruel for wanting a hog fat dog and your very concerned about her inhumane ways,lol.

15. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

LOL...so true.

16. Blaizen

Blaizen Big Dog

I'd say she looks great! Love that brindle color - beautiful coat.

We always get that same thing from people about our dogs look skinny. One of my friends always wants to take my dogs home and fatten them up. It's just hard to get folks to understand these are healthy animals in good shape, nothing skinny about them.

Ever seen a skinny person with muscles popping everywhere? :D

17. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

There have been double blind studies (legit science) regarding dog health and weight. Lower weight is better both for overall health and longevity. IMO so many Americans these days are obese that they misjudge what is a healthy weight even in their animals. Lower weight not only is better for the animals cardiovascular system but will make it less likely the dog will have joint problems as well.That dog is not too skinny.

18. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

She looks great! May I ask her bloodline?
    I can't believe your wife allows that hide in the house, lol.

19. Suki

Suki Guest

nope, no chop bustin from me=probably why i don't let the old man on here either!!!!:D
    ;) =it's my thing!
    and i think your dog looks fine. my female is 42 lbs and imo, she looks perfect, but i get that "o, she's SO small, looks too skinny crap, too!"
    she looks good, based on the pics posted, but it'd be a help if you could
    post some better positioned pics tho... just to get a different perspective. :)

20. NC

NC CH Dog

LOL.. she's not home during the day, and I work 3rd shift.. so I do what I want during the day..hehehe.. And here's her ped.. now I don't know a WHOLE lot about bloodlines and stuff yet, best I can see is she's pretty heavy on the ELI/Maverick stuff.. yeah?

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.co...p?dog_id=224872