1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

She has Cancer!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Bahamian, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I agree Great Job Bohamian on caring for her!!!! I Love to see that !!! Some one who cares for there animals!!!!!! She looks like she is doing a lot better!! :)

polysporine i finds heals skin with no scaring, at the almost the final stage of healing. you might get white hairs but no bald scar tissue! talk to you vet about it tho!

Thats what i do on horses with barb wire nicks and dogs that have been bitten!

Ieven healed a ducks (mallard), bald , bleeding neck up with it and all feathers came back! the bill was mangled too and it mostly "except for pinky nail sized hole" in no time. Feed the thing baby pablum cereal for weeks

Speeds healing too i find!
    polysporine!

Again Great Job!;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2009
  2. Bahamian

Bahamian Pup

Thanks everyone!

She is doing sooooooooo much better! She is eating, walking, her spirits are up, she is trying to pic trouble again.....she is doing real good!

I am soo happy/proud of her!

Again, thanks everyone!

3. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

im just seeing this now- first off i commend you for the great care you gave your dog! you dont fid that all to often.

the paw looks an awful like a spider bite- particularly like a brown recluse ( they emit a flesh eating bacteria when they "bite") my sister got bit on the face by one about 12 years ago.
    also- about the maggots. many dont know this i guess, but maggots are used in health care every day. maggots eat the DEAD flesh, not effecting the living tissues. so the maggots are actually a GOOD thing.

again, im glad you took a chance on your dog, and that the aggressive antibiotic regimen worked.

4. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

good to know rallyracer! never thought of spiderbite,
    it true! spiders inject their victim with bacteria, to turn there victim to mush from the inside out! then suck the goo out!

5. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Good call, bet your right

6. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

I'm so glad your beautiful gal is doing better!

7. LilBoogieMan

LilBoogieMan Big Dog

BAHAMIAN YOU ARE AWESOME! I really admire the fact that you just researched and didnt give up and got her doing better on your own!

Great job:)

8. Bahamian

Bahamian Pup

Hello Everyone! I want to thank you all for your advices, prayers, encouragement, and so on with my baby. You guys were a wonder full held.

Sadly, my BELOVED ZORA died Sunday June 20th, 2009.

She was doing very well prior to two weeks ago. But then her neck swole up again, her leg swole up, and the leg started to rot again. This time, her face also swole up. Everything was more severe than be fore.
    She deteriorated so fast. She stopped eating, became lethargic, andI had to hold her up to use the bath room. It was really sad.

The thing is though, I was going to put her down the first thing Monday morning but Miss Zora decided to do it HER way and die at home instead (on Sunday). As I write this I am smiling and crying because that is SOOO ZORA like. She did thing when SHE wanted to and on her terms!

I really wished I had known what sickness took over her body. I did not take any blood/tissue from her to be analyzed. So I will never know.

Although I am sad about my lost I am proud of her and myself. We did everything we could to beat this sickness that took over her body! We tried our best!

I am sooo proud of Zora.

I miss you girl!

9. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Sorry to hear that..you gave it your best shot for her and thats all she could 've asked from you.:(

10. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

I'm very sorry for your loss

11. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

So sorry to be reading this. Both of you put up a great fight and that is all you could have done. Truly bulldog style. May she Rest In Peace now.

12. masta of game

masta of game Banned

so sorry about this bro..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2009
  13. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I'm deeply sorry to hear this!:( You did give her your best! and Its very apparent that you loved her!

R.I.P Zora!

14. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

You did a great job! I hope you go to school and become a vet. It sounds as if they could use a good one there. Sorry for your loss! She was well loved and cared for.

Peace

15. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

so sorry to hear about this, my thoughts are with you...run free Zora.

16. farm curs

farm curs Big Dog

Sorry about your pup,may she rest in peace

17. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

As stated in the original post, the OP took Zora to the vet NUMEROUS times with no hope-the only time she showed any signs of improvement were when the OP did what he did-NOT THE VET. I think it's pretty shitty to dissect his entire thread when he just lost a very special dog, and did everything he could (including seeking veterinarian help) to help her.

18. Michele

If you read properly, the OP DID take the dog to the vet.

19. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

A dog suffered and a man lost his beloved dog. At this point I personally think Bahamian should be given an opportunity to respond so that the lessons learned won't be lost or detracted from.
    (JMHO)

Again, Bahamin, I know vet care where you are is not stellar and you did what you thought best.

What would you have done differently that might help someone else who finds themselves in a similar position?

What worked? What would have worked better?

20. Michele

Rule number 6:
    Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Firm and direct constructive criticism is encouraged and often necessary; outright insults are not. Neither is attempting to “convert” others by forcing your beliefs upon them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.