1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Shots during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Tank1, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Tank1

Tank1 Big Dog

Is it safe to give your dog anti-polvo vaccine a week before she is due?

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

dont do it! if my memory serves me correctly its a big no no. the same day of breeding yes, but suring prego than i dont think its good.

3. Tank1

Tank1 Big Dog

I was asking because an oldtimer I know who breads american bulldogs to0ld me this morning to do it.

4. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

try it, c if it works

5. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

There are basically 2 types of vaccinations.

Live and Killed.

Do NOT use Live on a pregnant bitch. With the bitches reduced condition and immune system the risks of the live virus infecting the dog are higher.

Take home messages - immunizing the pregnant female dog:

Never use a live vaccine in a pregnant bitch: only use registered 'safe' killed vaccines and registered 'safe' intranasal vaccines.

Keep up to date with live vaccines in non-pregnant bitches to avoid having to give vaccines to pregnant bitches.

Find more info here...

http://www.pet-informed-veterinary-advice-online.com/pregnant-dog.html