1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Sick pups

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by MajorPain, Feb 6, 2014.

1. MajorPain

MajorPain Big Dog

I had a litter of 13 almost 5 weeks ago. They all have been doing great until I noticed one had a swollen eye with yellow discharge. I didn't think anything of it. I just cleaned the eye and sent her on her way. 24 hours later the dog is severely dehydrated and can't move or eat. She looks as if she hasn't had food or water in days but I saw her eating and drinking earlier in the day. She had abdominal discomfort, but no blood in her stool. I started her on fluids but she passed away 6 hours later. Now I have three more pups with swollen eyes. I started them on antibiotics and fluids. Has anyone encountered this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Zylonist

Zylonist Big Dog

How about a vet visit before they all die, know one here is going to know what's wrong with your pups. GL

3. MajorPain

MajorPain Big Dog

I am sorry you must have misunderstood me. I am not asking if any one knows what it is. It's clear that they have an infection. I have a vet that comes to the house because most of my dogs are DA. They are getting all the care possible at this time with IV fluids and antibiotics. My question was if anyone has experienced this before. I am not asking for medical advice for the dogs I have just never seen this before and was wondering if other people have.

4. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I haven't MP, hope you get it figured out before you lose anymore man!

5. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

have they been outside in areas where wild animals roam thru?

6. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Sorry to hear your pups are getting sick. Why do people always jump on others when they don't know what the fuck is going on? What did your vet say it was? I've never heard of this.

7. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

Chances are ya might lose the whole litter,there is a infection going around that mimic's parvo,without the discharge,it attacks the lineing of the stomach/etc/etc...had a litter wiped out except for one,which was later pts.....try the fluids/etc on the strongest,and hope for the best if ya get thru a week or so,ya/they might get over it.....g-luck

8. MajorPain

MajorPain Big Dog

The vet test were inconclusive. It isn't parvo or distemper. The vet thinks its an infection like staph infection. I haven't lost any more but I have two that are fighting for there life. All of 12 of them are on antibiotics so hopefully it prevents anymore from contraction it.

9. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Sad to hear.have my fingers crossed for yall..:(

10. old goat

old goat CH Dog

11. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

good find - never hurts to read that info

12. old goat

old goat CH Dog

lol edit me why ?

13. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

14. MajorPain

MajorPain Big Dog

Update:

All 12 of the remaining pups are still alive. They are all still on antibiotics but only one is currently on IV fluids. They are back to being little pains in my butt.

15. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Glad they're doin good MP!

16. Zylonist

Zylonist Big Dog

Awesome, glad it worked out.

17. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Good to hear. Good luck

18. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Great new. Glad to hear that they are being pains in your butt ..he he he

19. XLR8

XLR8 Big Dog

Glad to hear your pups are doing better MP. I hope they all go on to be everything you were hoping them to be. I currently have a litter of 7 week old pups who have got PARVO. I just hospitalized all 6 of them and now hope the vet can do what he can for them. It really is such a shame to see pups deteriorate so rapidly and then fade out. All the best with your litter my friend.

20. Forever-So REAL

Forever-So REAL Quintuple Grand Champion

how are they doing now and did you ever find out what it was?