1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Silly things I have done

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rickf3, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Rickf3

Rickf3 Big Dog

I'v done a few silly things in my time to try to prove things that were not apparent to folks about my dog, and was wondering if I was the only one. I'll give 2 decent examples and hope that I am not the only one and others can post examples.

First thing, I was at work and at the exit behind the Cafe had a lose Pitbull, probably under a year. There was a crowd standing at the door, all scared to go outside. I made my way to the door thru the crowd and saw a choclate pit, egarly looking thru the door at all the scared humans.

As I tried to push the door open to get out and see this cute pup, a lady grabbed the handle and said "that is a Pitbull, don't go out there". I said "the reason I know I am not going to get bit is because it's a pitbull and not a golden". I then pushed the door open, got down on my knees and let the dog lick my face. Slowly the folks inside started to come out as I held his collar and read the tag.

The second silly thing I did, and this one might even be dumb not silly...
    I was walking my dog, on leash on an old pipe line in the woods near my house. A lady with 2 "lassy dogs" didn't see us and her dogs were running off leash. As we came in to sight, her dogs ran over toward us, and she screamed. It was apparent that she was horrified by my dog. Buster at the time was only about a year old, and very "happy go lucky". He had a lot of socialization, I had no worries about being able to contol my dog. As she screamed, I yelled to her "are your dogs mean?". She yelled back "No". I then uncliped Buster from his leash and started walking over toward her. As her dogs approached us I signaled to Buster is was OK to go run, he then played chase with her to dogs who were much larger than him. I walked over and said "by your scream I thought your dogs weren't going to be friendly" and she just looked at me like I was a nut.

On the first occasion, I was trying to prove that just because it was a Pitbull didn't mean it was hunting for humans to eat. On the second occasion, I was trying to prove that my dog was not mean and that her dogs were the ones to be afraid of. Not sure if I proved anything on either occasion but I did entertain myself :-)

Any of you ever do something silly to prove a point or entertain yourself?

2. Renee

Renee Big Dog

;) Oh, I've undoubtedly done things to prove a point, or just generally screw with people, that bypassed silly at warp speed and went straight to insane . . . and I'll think of them when I'm more awake, lol!

Bet the woman with the Collies had to change her underwear . . . hope it changed her mind.

3. Rickf3

Rickf3 Big Dog

The lady was surprsied but will with a look of disapproval even though she was being irresponcible.

Funny how that works...

4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I don't even bother anymore, I,ve come to the conclusion with these dogs that If I spend all my time tring to defend my dog to people then I won't have enough time to actually enjoy my dogs.

5. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

I agree. When people make comments about my dogs I just ignore them. I just got to the point where I know I can't change public perception so I just treat them like the ignorant people they are. {sight}:rolleyes:

I still do find my self every now and again defending the dogs but you all know what those conversations sound like.