1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

skiddish

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by BOTP Kennels, Mar 10, 2013.

1. BOTP Kennels

BOTP Kennels Big Dog

I bought a female pup a few weeks back and she is still acting scared and skiddish when she's outside or if people walk toward her. I almost gave her away but she gets fiesty around other dogs. She's 14 weeks now is there anyway to fix this fear of people and nervousness when outside?

2. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

hold her let other people pat her. after awhile she will get the idea that people mean her no harm.It takes time.

3. 86404Mega

86404Mega Pup

Daily walks and petting as stated above.

4. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Keep socializing her with kids, adults and her surroundings. As the above stated...daily walks and alot of petting/human contact.

5. roza

roza Pup

I would suggest bringing a ziplock bag with some kibble or treats in it and have strangers hand feed her some of that as you go on your daily walks. This would help your pup associate people with a positive experience.