1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Skinny Puppy. Tight Budget

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by rajennn, Jan 7, 2010.

1. rajennn

rajennn Big Dog

as i am on a tight budget, is it ok to feed him raw meat scraps (Which are available for free from butchers) untill i get paid again?

2. Corley

Corley Big Dog

He is just fine.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

3. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Your pup really isn't skinny at all.My dogs eat raw meat all the time in addition to their regular feed.Like AGK said,dogs get worms regardless what you do,that's the reason you have to worm them.I've fed lots of butcher scraps,nothing wrong with it all.

4. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

your dog will beable to eat damn near any meat you throw at him. bones and all. as long as it's not cooked

Vic

5. That puppy is not too skinny. Why do you want a dog that is fat and overweight? Not good for the dog in any way.

As for never wormed your dog, why the heck not? Go to the store, get some wormer and worm your dog on a regular basis. :(

If you can't afford basic care and feed, well then pick up a part time job. I know it sux but these animals are a commitment and depend on you to maintain their health and well being.

6. rajennn

rajennn Big Dog

I have wormed my dog. he is fully up to date with everything. I am well dedicated to him. I just thought he's a bit underweight. especially compared to looking at my cousins bully type dog :D

7. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

going by the pics your pup looks ok and remember four months they do go a bit gangaly, follow the feedin advice above you wont go wrong;)

8. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Pup looks fine to me but if your on a tight budget maybe switch from orijen to totw? Orijen is pricey as hell, atleast around here.

Love his markings though.

9. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Yeah,but a pregnant hippo would look skinny next to most bullies,LOL:D

10. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

bacon and meat sraps etc

11. rajennn

rajennn Big Dog

hehehehehe

12. rajennn

rajennn Big Dog

oh and another thing, can I feed my puppy raw eggs that are highin omega 3 to boost his immune system?

13. popper

popper CH Dog

puppy is totally fine IMO . dude he is justa pup let himn eat like he normally does. wheni was young i was a toothpick , my mom just let me eat like normal and i tunred out to be a fine specimen

14. popper

popper CH Dog

i feed mine a raw egg shell and all evreyohter day

15. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

your dog looks great idk y u want him fat hes at a good weight now as far as ai can c

16. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

That pup looks okay to me as well, all pups go through a "skinny stage" where they are growing "up" faster than they are growing "out" just keep doing what you're doing and he will be fine. One a side note... eggshells? I would have thought the pieces of shell would have been to sharp or something.

17. jeepfreek

jeepfreek Big Dog

LOOKS FINE TO ME :D u have a pitbull not a bully ....lol the pup looks fine ! make sure he has no parisites / worms even if u dont see them in stool don't mean he doesn't have them. pups go through them stages some time they look thin & stringy , in my experance they will do that a few times as a pup ...looking fine one month & 1-2 months later they look thin/stringy ...thats normal.

18. rajennn

rajennn Big Dog

yes I will worm him again tomorrow with drontal tablet just to make sure. on side note can i feed human cod liver oil tablets

19. PERRO

PERRO Big Dog

How many cups are you feeding him? He looks good to me.

20. Robber

Robber Big Dog

He looks Ok to me, too. I keep my dogs pretty close cut, but it is fine to let a pup get some extra weight on them(not overboard), but some just don't seem to put on weight no matter what you do. Pups can re-acquire worms fairly often because, among other things, they are bad about eating stuff off of the ground, so you may need to worm every few weeks. If that is the case, though, you can usually tell by their stool before they start losing any weight.