1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

smarts?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by apbtk9, Dec 30, 2009.

1. apbtk9

apbtk9 Pup

Hey guys this is probably a stupid question but here goes, ive been reading alot of stories and interviews from the dogmen of old from back in the day. I always see them talking about a dog either having or not having smarts, what specifically are they speaking of?

2. bdub

bdub Top Dog

a hi iq,,,mines dumb,he's inly got a g e d

3. apbtk9

apbtk9 Pup

Hahaha good one, i understand that it means a dog is smart. But what exactly makes a dog smarter in the pit than another dog?

4. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Well the short of it means the dog knew exactly what to do in the pit and he could read his opponent and counter and do all that was needed to out fox his opponent in the pit.

5. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

their talking about fighting, watch a dog fight an you will see "smarts" when it appear. even though both dogs maybe APBT's one dog maybe a better dog because hes a smarter dog. could fighting style be confused smarts i think it could.

style 1- maybe your dog is a power house and can run full force into the other dog like a stream train hitting a geo metro.

style 2- maybe your dog has stamina out the ass the can hang for hours on end.

style 3- maybe your dog is a combination of both style 1 & 2

style 4- maybe your dog is better fighting on its hind legs standing

style 5- maybe your dog is better fighting on its back (not sure if thats possible).

6. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

this is what i think also

7. apbtk9

apbtk9 Pup

That is the only thing i could possibly think of, was him "reading his opponent" aka defense, was smarts.

I understand there are smart dogs in sports and in training and what not, i was just interested in knowing what type of things a smart dog did in the pit.

8. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

maybe a dog that ducks when another dog gets a sratch, causing the other dog to hit the wall at full speed :p

9. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

just like in any sport brute for or speed/quickness cant win alone. you have to have knowledge of how o perform to win. if you box and you are strong and fast, what does it matter if you dont have the knowledge to set your opponent up or throw counter punches.

10. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

more than likely this what they're talking about

11. RedNoseProdigy

RedNoseProdigy Big Dog

i agree with the above posts also i think they meant a dog realizing what they had to do to win......meaning strategy....i ve seen dogs change wut they do depending on the opponent