1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Some very old pitbull pics

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by jeepfreek, Jan 5, 2010.

1. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Maybe because back then it wasn't about the breed but more about the work that they did.

2. Midnight Cowboy

Midnight Cowboy Big Dog

+1 AMEN to that brother :D

3. Lucy Loo

Lucy Loo Pup

Those are some awesome pics!!!

20.00 mill? Amazing.....:)

4. edgarb

edgarb Pup

Thanks for posting these pics. I really enjoyed looking at them!

5. T.A.K

T.A.K Pup

i found it interesting that alot of them had full pricked/cropped ears even back then and i dont mean the bullterrier pics

6. robbie70

robbie70 Pup

back in them days all them dogs were called a pit bull:eek:

7. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Some of you guys are saying that a lot of those dogs aren't pit bulls or bulldogs, it isn't that they are not, most of them were probably down from working dogs and it didn't matter what they looked or anything close to that, only thing that mattered if they could get the job done. Go back and look at foundation dogs of the APBT, ugly sons of guns, some were excellent in conformation and others were horrible. BTW, boston terriers were match quality dogs at one time and seen some of that. APBT is nothing more than a glorified working mutt, nonetheless I am proud to call them my dog. That mill advertisement was a really cool thing and thanks for sharing!!!!

8. T.A.K

T.A.K Pup

its funny u mention boston terriers as i keep them too and i did think too myself how some of them old pics had the same kind of look as a boston

9. bauer

bauer Top Dog

Thanks for sharing bro...

10. The maker of those mills has the same last name as I do! I wonder if it was an old relation?

11. dayair1

dayair1 Big Dog

Hear,hear, I second that!

12. BRITNAT79

BRITNAT79 Pup

Thanx i realy enjoyed looking at them,when you said old you meant itlol

13. awesome pictures, its really amazing to see how long this breed has been working in this country and overseas before they were brought over. But its also real sad to see the state that were in now where if you have a mill and a flirtpole in your possesion your a "dogfighter". People demonizing such things as simple as a breed of dog and not worrying about serious issues at hand such as our government or economic state is what starts to make you think what road were headed down. :(

14. garywhite

garywhite Pup

right on u said it