1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Someone Poisoned my dog!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by cemoreno, Oct 18, 2006.

1. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Be happy to provide you two any electronic warfare weaponry, perhaps backup from a cruiser or destroyer...all I need are the coordinates for a swift and deadly tactical strike....heh heh heh

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2006
  2. acr

acr Big Dog

I'm glad your dog is alive and I truly hope she fully recovers. Best wishes to you all! What goes around, comes around, and one way or another whoever did this will get what he/she deserves. Hang in there!

3. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

Very happy to hear your dog is gonna be ok and i hope karma comes round' and bites who ever did this in the ass!

4. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

thank you all for your kind words.
    she is getting better. as for atilla and texas bring it guys whoever did this deserves to be blown off the face of this planet. thank you very much for the support.

5. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Guess I better get the ol' bus warmed up! I feel a road trip coming on..LOL!

6. Suki

Suki Guest

woooohoooooo, I'm game!!!!!:D count me in!!!!!!

7. ah forget the bus i got a big ol crew cab dually diesel 4x4 with a cattle guard and flood lights i can seat 6 and go anywheres in that,lol.

8. simms

simms CH Dog

Are you positive that someone tried to poison your animal? What about the possibility of secondary poisoning......Are you sure that she didnt feed on an animal that was already poisoned? You may not have a problem with vermon but your niebors might....

It took your vet 3 days to determin that it was Rat poisoning? ...WOW. Be gald that it wasnt the poison that makes the brain swell...not likely your dog would be so lucky.

9. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

forget the bus? I am insulted, my bus is 40 foot,,It holds alot more then 6. and very comfy.

10. LOL,but we only need six good men for this job,lol.but if you insist we will take the bus and get us a platoon,lol.nothing wrong with overkill

11. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

men? come on!! if you could see me on the days that I could rip the heads off baby chicks,,those would be the days you would want me on that bus

12. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

okay i gots a sweeper that'll lay everything down that walks,,, i'll take the bed over the cab mount,,,, we'll go clean some streets,,,lol,,,

13. lol,i take it your a woman.you gotta remember other than a few obvious folks on here i dont know whos women and whos men.judging by the screen name i took ya for a man,lol.

14. Suki

Suki Guest

nothin wrong with overkill, at all!;)
    get your motors runnin!:D

15. Summer

Summer Pup

What in the hell is wrong with people!!! We lost a dog a few months back and after all blood work etc was ran (after the fact) they came to the conclusion that she had been poisoned!!! Initally they continued to tell me she died from the Parvo virus and after tests etc were ran at the University the conclusion was that she had been poisoned with a type of antifreezed (probally a type of something soaked in antifreeze). It was a terrible thing to have to see her suffer like that after three days in the hospital being given fluids etc through a iv she died. Now to top it off I went and let our puppy (6 month old offspring of hers) he had messed his crate and now is trowing up foam etc...my husband is taking him in at 3 our time. But my question to you is how do you even stop this type of thing!!! How can you even catch the person. We have a six foot privacy fence and this morning I did notice when I woke up it was open but our baby "trouble" and his mother "Missy" are absolutely wounderful and loving and would never hurt anyone....How can we possibly find out who is doing this? I live in the city limits I have neighbors on both sides and all around us!!! This breed is truely so misunderstood!!! We need more positive press for the APBT....

16. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

I would lie in wait and see who that is and catch them red handed....then I would feed the poison to them and see how they like it.

17. SApits

SApits Pup

I agree with you. all of my dogs are like family to me and if someone messes with family or my dogs then throw the legal system out and take law into your own hands. Sorry to hear about this but if i were you and found out who did it, a lengthy hospital stay would be the best they/ he or she could hope for.

18. simms

simms CH Dog

Wow, they have pretty acurate in house test that a clinic can run....in a short period of time will confirm Antifreeze poisoning. In house lab work can determin signs of Rat poisoning...Hell, you can treat rat poisoning symptomaticly as most commonly used poison presents its self!

How many of you know the signs?

However by the examples givin here in this thread ya'll have allowed room for eror. What you got to ask your self....what are the possibilities when was there opprotunity? Not who the F%ck is poisoning my animals .....

Why dont you have a lock on that gate? Esp since you live in town. My advice... you live in town,go the extra mile to care for your APBT.

I cant help but shake my head at this thread.....

19. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

A CBC (aka Complete Blood Count which checks blood cell counts & percentages) takes approx. 13 minutes, a Comprehensive Profile (checks liver, kidney, & pancreatic functions) takes approx. 10 minutes, & a blood clotting test (used to determine or rule out rat poison) takes approx. 2-3 minutes.

Now, if your vet clinic has to send all these tests off, you are screwed. My suggestion is to find a vet that is up with the times & knowledgable about the use of these machines & you'll find there is NO excuse for "my dog died from being poisoned but no one could figure it out" crap.

I'm with you, simms, this thread leaves me scratching my head in amusement..........

20. simms

simms CH Dog

Right...LOL

signs of common rat poisoning are bruising of the skin and urinating and vomitting blood. Onset is relitivly quick.