1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

spiked dog collars

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by bigsho, Oct 13, 2004.

1. lol..........ears........mean????

2. Norvell57

Norvell57 Top Dog

WHERE CAN I GET A ONE OF THOSE WEIGHTED COLLARS

3. CRD

CRD Big Dog

dou you have any 2 inches
    ?

4. Kay

Kay Big Dog

I've never put a spiked collar on my pits (or rotties) but my poodles, chihuhuas and yes, even my cat all have had spiked collars over the years. And when people see all 5 feel of me coming down the road accopmanied by a nearly 5 pound chihuahua in spikes, they step the f aside ;)
    Actually last time I took one of my chis for a walk, the thug pit owners down the road were laughing like hell. lol

5. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

I Think There Cute.

6. bdub

bdub Top Dog

i want a spiked collar for myself,my dog wouldnt look as cool as i would with one on

7. GrCh_Jeff

GrCh_Jeff Big Dog

mine is too wild for a spiked coller..lmao..i might get stuck...

8. Chaos

Chaos Pup

Just wondering the cost of a 1" spike collar?

9. Chaos

Chaos Pup

Still trying to figure out prices and where I can get them

10. Chaos

Chaos Pup

prices? anyone know?

11. alicia420

alicia420 Pup

Talking about collars, I need help to get my dog walking properly. She chokes herself, is there anything I could do to help with walking? We tried to find a spike collar, but we soon found out that they took them off the market here and are illegal.

12. Chaos

Chaos Pup

I work at a vet and we see this a lot. Try using a Gentle Leader, it looks like it would be a muzzle but it's NOT. A loop goes over the nose, down under the chin and snaps behind the ears. It acts as something when you pull up on your dog to try to get to watch and listen to you-it makes the dog look at you. A lot of behaviorists recommend this for training. The dog can still eat, drink, play, bark....whatever. Good Luck!!!!

13. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Get a harness. Bull dogs pull, I learned that along time ago and I always walk mine with a harness on.

14. My male Renegade wears a thin spiked collar but, he is still a baby and as for bring a game bred pit bull in to Petsmart. Well i bring two and my dogs are both greeted with a loving warm hello i have never been asked about fight my dogs for both of my dogs are gentel and well behaved even thoiugh Renegade is still a puppy. Petsmart has always been kind to all of my dogs but, in NC i guess its diffrenet. Down her the most pit bull news i seen is every now and then a child whos parents were not watching them wander on to privet protey to play with a females litter get attack that happened in Madison. I am not saying that there is most likely a fighting ring some where or that there are not a few abused dogs lose somewhere but, I hardly ever see on the news a "Pit Bull Attack" thank god the breed does not need more bad press. As you can see in the picture below Renegade and his collar and most people believe he is so cute. Now i wont say they will feel the same why when he is 60+ lb. but, he will be the same old big baby the seen with a spiked collar at 12 weeks. It is not the collar your dog wears it is the light your dog show its true nature in.

15. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Hmmm A gentle leader on a pit bull or any other determined dog does not work in my book.Get a proper walking harness.

16. My pit has the spiked collar how does that change what he acts like so if I have a tat people must assume that Im a criminal