1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Spring Pole problem....

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Fuhrer, Aug 5, 2005.

1. SFK

SFK Top Dog

Very good points RLK. Letting them watch definately helps, I also do a lot of praising when the dogs are working it hard, then the ones watching get really pissed. When it's their turn they try to outdo the dog before them.
    As far as baits are concerned, the best bait I've ever used on a springpole is a piece of firehose. Last forever, does'nt dry up like hide, plus the layers & rubber lining allow the dogs to work their bites a little more effectively.

2. SDPinoy

SDPinoy Pup

i use a tug type rope for the bitting surface.. anyone know somethin better they can bite on...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2005
  3. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

I have a problem. My female was 8 weeks old when she tried to get the rope bone hanging from the pole where we got her (monkey see, monkey do). Now she's 9 months and I can't get her off of it. Do you have another dog who likes the pole? Like I mentioned, monkey see, monkey do! lol

4. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

Or you could add something to hang high (unreachably high) to entice a bit... we have a cow skull hanging at the top of ours. Don't know if that's what she likes, but it looks neat lol.