1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

st. johns wort

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by CRG, Jun 26, 2004.

1. CRG

CRG Top Dog

a friend of miine has a dog that is almost 3 yrs old the dog is scared of anything noises, people ,raking his spot,the dog is very nervous all the time. i have heard st. johns wort can help a dog out with this. has anyone else heard this or tried it out first hand any info would help. thanks

2. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Have heard it works, try it see

3. HCK

HCK Big Dog

I've got a brood bitch that is people shy. I've never bred a dog that was people shy. Will this necessarily come out in her offspring?

4. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Shyness is a trait that CAN be passed, it depends on why the dog is shy, is it shy naturally, or was it "born" shy...

A buddy of mine has been breeding the same family of dogs for 31+ yrs...and there is a side of that family that tends to be shy, the greatgrandma was shy, the momma was shy, her offspring, their offspring (you get the picture lol)...now keep in mind, not all of them are shy, but some of them seem to possess that trait....now when its time for that dog to work, it is not shy when its doing its job at hand...

I have heard that the St. Johns Wort will help, but me myself have never needed to try it...
    BB

5. Icarus

Icarus O.APBT'S

You know I asked that same question last month and got no reply. Guess no one has tried it. I'll make one of mine a guinea pig and let yall know how it works out. LOL

6. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

Some dogs are shy just like people are shy...I have never heard of anyone giving that to their dogs to make them not shy???? Its the dogs personality...Just like a persons personality..

7. BlackSeal

BlackSeal Pup

your freind has a "Monk" dog. lol

8. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

If you do a google search on natural remedies for canines,you can find some interesting info...

9. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

I use Rescue Remedy. Mine has separation anxiety and will sit and drool in her crate all day. But since I've been putting a few drops in her water, she has quit and is more calm in her crate. Many people use it for nervous show dogs too.

10. SouthALknls

SouthALknls Big Dog

We have a shy dog, his momma was shy, and his mommas momma was shy, and we had a guy tell us who us to keep the dog before we got it, that he used st johns wart and it worked for a little while, but then the he went back to being shy again..so i don't know, we haven't used anything on him. If you turn ur back to him, he'll will come up to u, but if you are looking at him, he won't.