1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Stafford ramblings

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by springview, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Finito

Finito Big Dog

Read my post again JT. I never said Roxy was a "good game stafford". In fact i never mentioned anything on Roxy. Unlike yourself,i won't discredit her though.
    I am not here to argue with you as that would be like pissing in the wind. If as you say,you are here to write the truth then write the truth. If you want to put the truth down on the history of the staffords you seen from these islands & offer advice then here is your opportunity.
    However,if you here to make arguments on every wee post which you take offense to,then carry on.

2. jt ellison

jt ellison Big Dog

Aurthur i apologise in that i told you something that was wrong as regards Seamus Mc Nutt owning the strongest tightest Nelis [ROM) dogs in Ireland , i should have said the world as noone had dogs bred this way only Seamus , the FACT you were not aware dont mean diddly squat , that he didnt work dogs does nothing to downplay his knowledge of dogs and the respect he has gained from dogmen from around the world both as a historian a owner of Irelands greatest ever show staffords and yes a owner of some of the best bred gamedogs ever to walk Ireland , that you were not aware of this obviously means its not true Lastly if i wish to know anything about staffords in Ireland theres none better to ask than Seamus at least what he tells me would be the truth and facts and not gossip passed around by people who were not involved , take care have a great doy Aurthur

3. jt ellison

jt ellison Big Dog

Finito i told you both Roxy and her opponent were not good dogs thats how i saw it i was there , this isnt something i heard or was told i was there and had at the time seen lots of dogs in my opinion that were better thats FACT . The Roxy bitch quit cold standing on all four fit hence she was not a good bitch regardless of who or how she was bred thats FACT , as for me arguing your wrong you were not there so didnt see the event so how can you argue you were not there . Im sick of people that talk about events they never saw then expect me to agree with what they say which is usually wrong , you tell me to tell the truth but most people cant handle the truth usually this can be explained by looking what dogs they feed . I myself had dogs that quit in matches but i never bred from them , what do you want me to do write about only the great dogs and not mention those that quit , might help puppy sales for peddlars but i know to well how it feels to be sold dogs that are meant to be wellbred or gamebred only to find out later this wasnt true , and spent many thousands of pounds leasrning this lesson, so if ypou think im gonna tell someone lies then you dont know me . I will answer any questions if it concerns the person asking me what i tell you will be the truth as i saw it it might be only my opinion but when dogs quit that aint opinion its FACTS 12345678910 out !Anyway its sunny outside gonna walk my cur take a fishing pole and catch a whopper then i can sit and bullshit with my doggy friends about the BIG fish i caught , then again it might just turn into a fishermans tale lol have a great day peace always

4. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

BH spoke highly of ch mitzi ....did you ever see ch rebel who lost game to ch molly springview ?

5. Finito

Finito Big Dog

JT,i am not arguing with you on your opinion of Roxy. I disagreed with your opinion of her opponent being "shite". The clear thing to do would have been to go into that female at a later date as she was open. We will leave that debate anyway.
    Roxy i was told had shown pretty good in her schooling. So good that her owner decided to hook her up. Credit to the owner for proving the truth,as you say. You obviously showed him your support & no
    doubt he was given advice on feed & conditioning. She done all that
    she could on the day,which was not good enough.
    Lets move on from this pointless debate...
    Would you care to share your thoughts on the offspring of Oscar ?

6. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

I don't want to be drawn into arguments, but time, I did know IG who owned "Tosca" and he was active in the dogs at that time, never met S.Mc'Nutt , but he was a well known SBT man and had some very well bred staffs, there seems to be a lot of slagging, when people should be on here to learn the history,no matter who puts up stories they will put them in a way they see things and it might not be the way others see things...as for "Moonshine" killing "Psycho" who at the time was a burned out dog who was dragged to end of a chain and chocked to death, the "Moonshine" dog should have been put down instead of being sold, as he was a cur... I was never really into Staffs but had them till I got APBTs...but no matter what anyone says "Psycho" was one of the best producing Staffords going by the RECORDED matches of his offspring, a lot of people switched to "Psycho" dogs in Ireland...and produced far better while he was alive than the whole Dublin red strain...and I know for a fact that most of the bitches he was bred to after the Farmers Boys got him, ware no good....

7. activeirish

activeirish Big Dog

I have to agree, I always preferred a dog that was first athletic & strong and even if never fought should never sow any sign of fear around other dogs, and if he/she had form/type it was a big bonus, there's nothing more pleasing than a dog which is physically built to do the job it was bred to do and looks like it's supposed to also.
    I know many who show staffords and have great dogs by show standards, but most males in the show ring are the size of a small bitch from the 1980s, maybe it makes them more suitable to transport and handle as it reduces their size therefore strength on the lead etc?
    I dred to think what will be the norm in another 10 - 20 years, we might see tea cup staffords as well as yorkies

8. activeirish

activeirish Big Dog

Hi, I just read your threat/post, I'm curious about the part you said "mine has long hare is game as hell 80 lbs and 35 inch pure kc bred stafford."

I know you meant Hair and not the Big Rabbit (hare) but 80 pounds? 35 inch? are you serious?

9. Westway

Westway Big Dog

Some gud history posted spring, not into all the arguing stuff tho, so will keep out of that. You mentioned some gud dogs in your posts spring....did joe montana make ch thought he was just 2xw 1xl to grch badger.....i remember seein moonshine while G had him he wasnt a good dog, so have to agree he shud of been culled....think G is dead now heard he was killed in a car crash years ago.....the charlie dog dont think the scotsman owned him, might of been redeye or roadwarrior cant remember now.

10. Finito

Finito Big Dog

G was alive last yr & i ain't heard anything other,since.

11. Westway

Westway Big Dog

The person who told me may of got it wrong finito....been alot of years since i saw him.... it was when he had moonshine.

12. snapper

snapper Pup

hi activeirish u have a pm

13. Finito

Finito Big Dog

WW,he must be wrong mate.
    I remember Moonshine on the yard. He was the only stafford,amongst the bulldogs at that time. Must have been late 80's.
    He upset several lads in & out the dogs & slowly got out. Never forget his 1st bit of advice to myself,which was feed that bitch a boiled egg a day for a fortnight & meet up hehe.

14. DaksGT

DaksGT Pup

That caught me off guard as well. That was nearly the size of my old Am-Staff. Not knowledgeable on the topics you guys are discussing at all; great read though.

15. activeirish

activeirish Big Dog

I'm in Derry, I know Seamus McNutt, When I was a teenagers buying my first staffords Seamus McNutt was already considered an authority on the breed and just talking to the man leaves no doubt in your mind, his brain is like a computer of information on the breed and dog owners from every part of ireland and uk, I'm 30 years older now and Seamus McNutt is still a healthy man, you often see him walking because in fact he never drove.
    The likes of Ed Reid have given credit to Seamus for his information and help regarding the dogs from ireland so he may not have been a big deal in your eyes but that would suggest to everyone who knows of him and his experience and reputation that you may not be as knowledgeable as springvale? apply your own question to yourself, name 5 dogs Seamus had and what made them good?
    I think for anyone to criticise the older men who have been around the breed longer is disrespectful, we all have a common interest, some of us may like staffords and keep them as a companion & family pet, others may work them etc, but no matter why we have one it's the breed and it's traits we like most and their background and history stems from the same place, I keep mine as a companion dog but I know what he's made of.

16. activeirish

activeirish Big Dog

Hi, I couldn't believe my eyes when i read it, a 35 inch KC reg stafford weighing 80 pounds, thats the size and weight of a big pitbull, and not one at match weight, in my own experience which is probably average, a BIG stafford would be 19 - 23 inch at the shoulder, 16 - 18 would be a decent size dog, below 16 was small, and i'm sure thats still the case today.
    Weight would be from an average of 30 - 60 pounds depending if the dog was 16in or 22/23in

17. Tartanvandal

Tartanvandal Guest

Iv had a right good read of this thread over the last few hrs and its nice to see that some things dont change, T when u gonna learn m8 that u can lead a horse to water but u cant make it drink ! plain and simple. Iv known Springview for more years than i care to remember and in that time iv disagreed with some of what he says and wev had more than a few heated debates, but one thing i was always sure of that what he told u was the truth as he knew it, if he didnt know he wouldnt commit and that applied to the breeding to ch Oscar, he wasnt sure so he wouldnt commmit, it didnt mean he didnt rate the wee dog cause he told me on more than one occasion that he rated him as one of the best he'd owned. Regarding Seamus McNutt, anyone who knows him will agree with me when i say that the mans knowledge of the irish dogs is second to none, be it working dogs or show dogs,but never at any time did he claim to be a working dogman in any of the conversations that iv had with him and thats the truth. Regarding the red dogs well iv owned a few and had my disappointments with some of them, but what i will say is this, the closer u got to dogs that were actually bred by Springview the better the quality of the dog, i dont see how anyone can slag his breeding off when he wasnt directly involved with it. Like him or not one thing you cant deny is that the guy talks from experience and u may not like what he says or the advice he gives, and im speaking from personal experience here lol, but the advice he gives is genuine and well meant, he is willing to help anyone that will listen, all he asks for is honesty, i pestered the guy for years and not once did he refuse advice, thats his commitment to these dogs day or night he was always available. I could pass comment one one or two posts in this thread but i wont as i dont see the point in it and dont want to get involved in slanging matches, bottom line is this if ur happy with what uv got then good luck to u. just dont get him started on conspiracy theories !! lol

18. jt ellison

jt ellison Big Dog

Today im verry happy Celtic won the Scottish Championship beating Kilmarnock 6-0 come on the Hoops , Manchester United are gonna turn QPR over today and go 8 points clear and our local Boxing club won 8 bouts to two on a unlicensed boxing show held locally yesterday evening . As for you Tartanvandal if its who i think you are give me a call you tight fisted skirt wearer and give Seamus a ring hes always asking of you , said he loves a wee chat and a cup or two hundred of tea with you , whens the boy turning out for the hoops and pass my best to Jim

19. jt ellison

jt ellison Big Dog

Today im happy as CELTIC won the Scottish Championship yesterday beating Kilmarnock 6-0 so congratulations to the Hoops , also Manchester United are gonna turn QPR over today to go 8 points clear in the Premiership and last but not least our local boxing club put on a Unlicensed show last night and won 7 and drew one of 10 bouts what a weekend. Hey Tartanvandal hows it going im go nna send you some money then you can get some credit and ring me you tight fisted skirt wearer , give Seamus a ring hes chewing my ears of asking about you thinks a sharks eaten you or the Somalians have kidnapped you lol whens the wee man playing for the HOOPS give Jimmy my best wishes and get yourself to Derry for a wee chat and a thousand cups of tea lol

20. jt ellison

jt ellison Big Dog

Sorry about the double posting but Tartanvandal aint to smart (punchdrunk/shellshock) and has to be told everything twice