1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Staffordshire Terrier vs. APBT

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by beanx, Jul 16, 2010.

1. duckmike

duckmike Big Dog

Roughcur you're kidding right ? theres nothing about those fat dogs above that looks like an apbt other than the fact they have four(fat)legs

2. i was joking......im not into looks.......i like any dog that meet metal with metal and still crosses the line. if they do that i guess im in love!:dogkiss:

3. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

Nuff said :D

4. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

I agree I dont think there amstaffs tho... I think they are show bred apbt's

5. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

6. duckmike

duckmike Big Dog

he doesn't want are help he said" it doesn't matter either way with me" then he goes on to tell us he bought a staff and he's posting on a site called game-dog .com seems to me he's already got everything figured-out shit he'll be selling dogs in another year

7. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

You guys are thinking American Staffordshire Terrier/AmBully. The OP is talking about SBT.

8. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

Now it makes sense...

9. duckmike

duckmike Big Dog

Jeez Louise ! that figures enuff said on my part

10. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

OP,
    I have had great experiences with both breeds. You said you wanted a good dog, you got one. It's not a bully or amstaff, it's a staffordshire bull terrior.And they can hold there own.

11. MinuteMan1979

MinuteMan1979 Big Dog

How do u know he's talking about a Staffy Bull?

12. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

because their is no "Am" in front of Staffordshire Terrier in the title. Not to mention in the first post he says that the APBT head is a bit bigger which would not be the case if he was talking about AmBully or American Staff.

13. beanx

beanx Pup

double post......

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
  14. beanx

beanx Pup

lol i love how some of you guys are pure assholes to people that ask questions to learn information. I dont think you need to know EVERY single thing about a dogs breed to take care of one. This isnt my first dog and a month into it it doesn't seem any different from when i raised my akita! You feed it, you teach it to use the bathroom outside, you play with it, and you discipline it when needed. The only reason i got this dog in the first place was because it wasn't being taken care of by his previous owners and i felt i could give it a better home/life. So keep being assholes and try to put people down on forum if it makes you feel better thats very grown up of you. To the people that helped me understand the differences and took the time to answer my questions like people on a forum are suppose to do i really do appreciate it. All forums have their trolls, apparently this one is no exception. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
  15. peppapig

peppapig Banned

if there was no assholes how could the shit on here come spurting out?:D its a forum,many people,many characters,many views.grow some thick skin,roll with the punches you take and try and throw some back.if not,you might as well not post.;)

16. peppapig

peppapig Banned

17. beanx

beanx Pup

im a member of many forums and i realize every forum has there assholes. None of them bother me its just a shame that there are a few people on this website that feel like you need a PHD to own a staffy or apbt. They are a dog.

18. fblb

fblb Top Dog

The same thing that separate's the APBT from all other breeds gameness....Seriously though there are many different things that separate the two breeds. One being the staffordshire bull terrier has been bred for (the majority) show/conformation for many, many years. They are no longer bred for the blood sports that made them. Their conformation standard is totally different than the APBT's, and so is their mentality, and physical state. They are just two different breeds. That is what is different about them in a nut shell.

19. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

Wile no one wants to say they are game like an APBT –
    Still you will own some thing that is not a <ST1:pLabrador</ST1:place
    Still could have more Dog Aggression than most other dog breeds
    And statically a game one could show up

20. bionic

bionic Big Dog

OP can you humour me please? Are you talking about an Amstaff or a Staffordshire Bull Terrier?

Naustroms, I know he doesn't say it's an Amstaff but technically speaking, a Staffordshire Terrier is an Amstaff. The SBT has the word "bull" in it but the Amstaff doesn't.

If the OP can clarify what he bought then he would get better answers.